Notary Rotary
AMERIQUEST DOCUMNET PROGRAM
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Negretes Notary Service on 8/10/04 1:39pm
Msg #5855

Ameriquest has implemented a new program. They have changed to a program that you will need to download and install to your computer to get there documents from now on. It is a similar program that they had before in that you will still need PCL 6 emulation capacity. It will also tell you that you need a dual tray printer to print the documents. I know for a fact that you DO NOT NEED A DUAL TRAY PRINTER TO PRINT THERE DOCUMENTS.

just thought that I would let people know this new program is in effect and working now with
Ameriquest.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service

Reply by Negretes Notary Service on 8/10/04 1:40pm
Msg #5857

Re:Ameriquest Document Program ( MISSPELLING)

I misspelled Document in the first heading ( SORRY )

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/10/04 1:47pm
Msg #5860

Re: Re:Ameriquest Document Program ( MISSPELLING)

Tony... is there a newer version than their repackage of VMPdelivers software? (The one I have is dated March 2003.)

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/10/04 1:59pm
Msg #5865

Ameriquest eDocs Query

I have an Ameriquest eDoc signing in the morning. Is there a place I need to go to download the printer utility? I have not done Ameriquest eDocs.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/10/04 2:15pm
Msg #5868

Re: Ameriquest eDocs Query

When you receive the email notification, it should contain a link to download the utility if needed. (If it does, please send me [ mailto:[e-mail address] ] the link so I can add the utility or at least how to get it, to my list. Thank you.)

Reply by Fran874 on 8/10/04 5:17pm
Msg #5882

when you do to the link, download the one with "no fonts" and then in the print window use the option at the bottom of the screen that says " use windows drivers"
http://www.vmpdelivers.com/pclviewer/default.htm

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/10/04 5:49pm
Msg #5887

Why specify "windows drivers"? If you have a PCL compliant printer (which you should if you're doing edocs) then printing in PCL is much faster than printing in PDF, which is what you get if you select "windows drivers".

Reply by HisHughness on 8/10/04 5:58pm
Msg #5888

PAW noted, condescendingly but knowledgably:

***Why specify "windows drivers"? If you have a PCL compliant printer (which you should if you're doing edocs) then printing in PCL is much faster than printing in PDF, which is what you get if you select "windows drivers".***

Does anybody remember mimeograph machines, which were simultaneously both a boon to and the bane of teachers? The only thing you needed to know about them was which way to turn the crank. Oh, the good ol' days.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/10/04 6:08pm
Msg #5889

HisHughness reminded us of our ages by flapping the gums and uttering: "Does anybody remember mimeograph machines, which were simultaneously both a boon to and the bane of teachers? The only thing you needed to know about them was which way to turn the crank. Oh, the good ol' days."

We had mimeographs and ditto machines which are quite different from one another. A
mimeograph uses a wax stencil that is "cut" by typing or drawing upon it, it is placed on a drum in which there is ink which extrudes through the stencil to make the image. A Ditto machine, uses a slick paper and heavy ink carbon paper. You type on the front, the image, in reverse, is impressed from the carbon onto the back of the sheet. A solvent, usually "spirit ether" is then wiped over the image which prints a blue copy until the ink layer is exhausted. Many fewer copies with a ditto "master" than with a mimeograph stencil.

Sorry about the tome, the treatise, the useless pontification of worthless knowledge. It all stems from an over abundance of boredom.

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/10/04 8:13pm
Msg #5891

PAW NS - My appointment is cancelled for now. I see that someone else has posted the link in this thread and I took a look at it.

If I am using an HP 3015 - PCL capable, which one of the links do I want to use?

Reply by Julie-MI on 8/10/04 8:39pm
Msg #5893

If you get rescheduled, make sure you have a full paper tray, these packages are HUGE.

Also, make sure to schedule extra time, the information sheet will take forever for the borrowers to fill out. Most folks will have to look up the information requested on the form.

One more tip, make sure to have the HUD and note out first. Many ameriquest customers don't sign once they actually see the fees and interest rate.

I personally refuse to close their loans, just not worth the irritation. Others have no problem, but now you will know ahead of time.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/10/04 9:31pm
Msg #5898

From what Tony (Negrete's Notary Services) told me, Ameriquest is now using Secure Send It ( http://www.securesendit.com ) for their document delivery. So the VMP setup may be a moot point

I'm not sure exactly which utility to chose, but my guess would be the first (no fonts) or third (VMP fonts) choice. Then when you print the documents, select direct print (I think that's what it says) to print to a PCL compliant printer.

Reply by Fran-wi on 8/11/04 1:29am
Msg #5909

I agree with Julie, Ameriquest is a pain and expect the package to be over 100 pages. They are also commonly canceled at the last minute. I did an Ameriquest this past Saturday and I received the docs using this print utility. Also, if you are rescheduled, tell the borrowers to gather information regarding past 10 years of employment and residence history and personal references, I think they need 3. Also, they usually fax over extra docs, including the HUD seperate from the loan package. And, Ameriquest has a 1 week RTC. Watch for areas in the middle of pages that require initials or signatures by the borrower too.
The reason I said to chose the one with no fonts is because I have a HP 1012. I have noticed on here that is snickered at, but it does the job for me and will print an Ameriquest, not using a PDF format, in about 10 minutes. The package is not converted to PDF, it is opened in the dtviewer. Instead of firing off the entire package at once to the printer, it sends it a little slower page by page. I found it works for me. It was actually someone from California notary Docs that helped me with this, and since she gave me tip, I have never had a problem since then, even when the closing through a different agency or from Ameriquest directly.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/11/04 8:32am
Msg #5915

Fran... Since your printer does not support PCL, you must print in Windows mode. dtPrint (as well as some others, like Swiftview) internally converts the PCL document to a Windows compliant "portable document format" or PDF like format. It doesn't SAVE the file in PDF format, only converts it, on the fly, so it can be printed on ANY Windows printer, even inkjets and matrix impact printers. That's the reason it is slower to print, because of the internal conversion.

Having the 1012 will afford you probably 95% of the capability of printing edocs that you receive. However, be aware that more and more companies that are using data storage warehousing capability (and apparently Ameriquest too), that true PCL capability will be needed. If you do receive a PCL only file, you may want to ask the SS or title company that sent it to you, if they can convert it to PDF text format so you can print it on the 1012. However, don't expect them to oblige, especially since the docs are lender created and often only the link is forwarded to you for subsequent printing.

Reply by Fran-wi on 8/11/04 11:12am
Msg #5927

PAW-

Thanks for all your insight. If I am ever in need of advice/help I will definately come to you. Seems like you know a little of everything. Smiley

Reply by Fran-wi on 8/11/04 11:26am
Msg #5929

Re: Ameriquest eDocs Query(edoc practice)

If i am able to print the test docs off the other thread, whats does that mean? I am pretty computer/printer illiterate. All I care about is if I can print the stuff when the time comes.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/11/04 12:35pm
Msg #5930

Re: Ameriquest eDocs Query(edoc practice)

Printing the test docs from VMP delivers really isn't testing to see if you can print PCL files. VMP and Swiftview (to name a couple) determines if there is no PCL capable printer available, it will switch to a PDF format and print to a Windows device. However, some documents, including the new way Ameriquest is apparently going to be sending their documents, are in PCL format and the utility sends the file directly to the printer. Your printer (HP 1012) won't support these types of files.

On another board, this issue was raised and I sent a small file that I received in PCL format to a person who had the 1012. He could not print the file. Here's the link to the entire thread on this subject -> http://members.boardhost.com/gomobilenotary/msg/archive/120842.html . You may wish to go through the thread to get a full appreciation of the problem and anguish many 1012 are experiencing and may soon be.

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/12/04 2:50am
Msg #5971

I've done a ton of Ameriquest signings. The packages are big (they are usually 100-110 pages), but they're pretty much identical on all signings, and I've got a pretty good rhythm down in getting them signed. It's definitely a luxury to have a doc set committed to memory and it makes double checking them a breeze.

One thing they are REALLY bad about is waiting until the last minute to send out docs. I've had more than one signing pushed back an hour or two because the docs didn't show up on time. They schedule their appointments but leave absolutely NO buffer zone in getting the docs to us, so if something goes wrong it's going to affect the appointment (my personal favorite - the processor who was supposed to send out the docs got stuck on the toilet. When I asked the agent how a person gets stuck on a toilet he told me "she's pretty fat dude")

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/12/04 7:58am
Msg #5974

This is one main reason I don't like doing Ameriquest edocs. When I have appointments scheduled after the Ameriquest one, and the Ameriquest docs are late, then everything can go to Hades in a hand-basket. So, I have instituted the following policies, not only for Ameriquest but for ANY company submitting edocs:

1 - There is a "drop dead" time when docs have to be available for download/printing.

2 - If the docs are late in arriving, other appointments will not be rescheduled. This may mean that the appointment (with the late edocs) may be postponed until after all others, or may not be able to be completed on the appointment day (at least by me). I will not jeopardize an appointment with any borrower for the tardiness of any lender, title company or signing service.

3 - I keep the borrower, as well as the assigning company, fully informed of the situation and possibilities or needs for reassignment or rescheduling.

Reply by NSA in WA on 8/11/04 2:02pm
Msg #5936

Paul: should we reset PCL to 6 from 5?

Paul,
Thanks for your helpful posts.
Do you think we should switch our PCL printer settings from 5 to 6? I have an HP1300 if that matters.

Thanks!

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/11/04 5:16pm
Msg #5946

Re: Paul: should we reset PCL to 6 from 5?

Since most PCL documents are still based on PCL4 and only a few have migrated to PCL5, and none, that I know of, have migrated to PCL6, there's no need at this time. However, there is movement underway to get companies on the PCL6 bandwagon, not so much for the new functions, as there aren't very many, but to be able to minimize support requests for the older versions. That being said, I don't see this happening in the short term, maybe early next year, but not for now.

The only advantage with PCL6, at least on the 3330, is it is just a tab bit quicker, sometimes, especially when rendering graphics.

Reply by NSA in WA on 8/12/04 11:58am
Msg #5984

Thanks, Paul

Thanks again for the good advice.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.