Notary Rotary
Advice on fees-Midwest
Notary Discussion History

Advice on fees-Midwest
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/5/04 6:27pm
Msg #5577

Advice on fees-Midwest

Could anyone please advise me on fees charged that are reasonable. I'm new to this site as well as Loan Signing. (Just become certified) I previously worked for Mortgage Broker. I'm from Missouri. Also, I would would welcome any insight into how to market myself, whether its better to sign up with Signing agencies and get some experience or get out there and market to title, mortgage co. etc. Thanks for any info

Reply by Steve/Fl on 8/5/04 7:45pm
Msg #5581

Attn: Anonymous go to the website 50statenotary.com & read or print the "introductory training course for freelance notary signing agents". I think there is some data you find worth reading there. I also bought the book by the same author Victoria Ring that I got a lot out of. Also the nationalnotary.org website may help. Good Luck! Steve/Fl

Reply by Lois Ogden on 8/5/04 10:55pm
Msg #5591

Thanks Steve.
I just finished reading the introductorty training course. That was helpful. I completed the Notary Signing Agent Course and exam. Does the book you are referring to have any info that would not be in the Notary Signing Agent Book? Would you suggest getting a few assignments under my belt before approaching Mortgage or Title co.'s? I have some experience with loan doc's. I used to work for a Mortgage Co., as a loan officer and processors assistant. Thanks again for your help. So glad I found this website!

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/5/04 11:59pm
Msg #5592

I'm not Steve, but....

As far as when to approach lenders and/or title companies directly, I strongly urge anyone to get a few dozen signings under the belt before doing so. Signing services will tolerate "newbie" mistakes and errors where most title companies do not. There are a few title companies that have their own signing service, such as ServiceLink, FASS and NCS, which will offer you experience with varied types of signings. Do sign up with as many signing services as you can, and after a while when you are comfortable with the documents, the process and understand the differences in people (customer service), then wean yourself away from the signing services, keeping those who are profitable.

Reply by KP-PA on 8/6/04 7:02am
Msg #5595

Hi - I just wanted to let you know I'm a newbie too and the advice about listing with signing agencies first is good. I've contacted about 50 so far and am starting to get jobs (4 this week)which is just the speed for me right now as I learn. I plan to sign up with 5 companies per day until my numbers are up. Hope that helps. Kathy

Reply by Allison/mi on 8/6/04 11:51am
Msg #5610

Anonymous, send me your email address. Or, just stay plugged into the message boards and
get on signing agent yahoo groups message boards as well as visit gomobilenotary.com

allison

Reply by Lois Ogden on 8/7/04 9:25am
Msg #5695

My email address is [e-mail address]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.