Notary Rotary
ClearCapital
Notary Discussion History

ClearCapital
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by me in WI on 8/24/04 12:41pm
Msg #6610

ClearCapital

It was a short while ago someone posted this web site for drive by inspections. I was offered and received an assignment for 15.00. All i need to do is a picture of the home, the address numbers and any visible damage. A short report is needed... just a few blanks to fill in. I'm wondering how detailed it really needs to be... If anyone know, let me know, the assignment is due by noon tomorrow! thanks in advance.

Reply by Mike on 8/24/04 2:01pm
Msg #6618

Its 15 dollars what do they want a term paper. Just be brief and to the point.

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 8/25/04 10:16pm
Msg #6714

I work for clear capital and here is what I wright and all my property inspections have been approved so far.

Here is an example.

SFR
Vacant or Occupied, Vacation Home
Is Property for Sales? if so Realtor Name/Phone # is property secured?

Neighborhood Condition Poor/Fair/Good/Stable

Estimated Repair Cost: Example: 12' of chain link fence torn down. Repair Estimate $500

1-story Concrete Block with 1-car garage/Beige. Gable/Hip roof, concrete driveway. 6' wooden fenced in backyard. Landscapes consists of 6 larges trees with various plants along the front of the property. Windows appear to be metal with single panes.

FREE & CLEAR OF HURRICANE DAMAGE AND IN GOOD REPAIR. This is in good condition.

No negative traits.

Use you own wording but this is all you need.

I have about 10 Rush inspections due by (3:00pm PST), each pay $20 and they are all in the same neighborhood. Should probably take about 2 hours to do. Not bad for a couple hours work.

Reply by Joan-OH on 8/26/04 7:56am
Msg #6739

Margaret. My niece does these and I looked into inspections at one time. Everything in your report is what I expected to see except the repair estimate. How do you come up with a repair estimate? Is it general? Something like you choose a=$250, b=$500, c=$1000, d=over $1000? Just curious. It makes it sound like you need a contracting background.

Joan-OH

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 8/28/04 12:00pm
Msg #6894

My husband and brother-in-law are contractors. I just call my husband. It is just a estimate.
Like yesterday, one of the houses I inspected needed a new roof and eves. The minimun to have a roof replaced is around $5,000. You get the basic replacement costs to replace windows, chainlink fence, wooden fence, lawn maintenance, average labor, having a damaged tree removed, etc.

I had been self assigning my inspections when I get an email, I accept or I don't. They called me Thursday to say that they would pay me $25.00 for 15 rush inspections that were due by 10:00 pm Friday night. I started at 7:00am and was done by 2:00pm. I made $375.00 fot the day. That is more than I make in a week at signings sometimes. I am studying to get my Real Estate License and then I can do Broker Price Opinions also. They told also not to wait until I get an email, to call and ask if they have any inspections needed for my area. I will do all the rush inspections as many of the inspectors do this part-time.

Reply by Curious George on 8/28/04 12:48pm
Msg #6897

Hi Margaret,

I am very curious about this line of inspections, have read a little on the net but i am not finding very much out there on this type of drive by inspection.....What training or certification is required , where I can receive it ....what is quality training and what to stay away from etc...... I'm sure I am being repetetive but I would love any info. you can give me or direction on where to get started I would love to add another service to my business, yet I don't think my fishing on the Colombia river is going to sell much....LOL...... if you have the time and don't mind please send any info to my e-mail:
[e-mail address]

Thanks & Have A Great Day,
~Anthony
Oregon

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.