Notary Rotary
Concurrent signing
Notary Discussion History

Concurrent signing
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by A-newbie on 8/25/04 9:22pm
Msg #6706

Concurrent signing

I just accepted a signing that the agency said was concurrent. I'm guessing that means there will be two loans being signed for? Two of something I'm sure. They said $50 for the first and $25 for the second. Is that the going rate?

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 8/25/04 10:13pm
Msg #6709

Depends on where you are and if they are email docs (then you add $35). Some states and depending on the area that is the going rate, but if you are in Maryland, no way....I won't walk out the door for less than $100. I have one this week that is a purchase and the closing will take place in the real estate agents office, I quoted $150 and she bit. Some of these types of closings can take 2-3 hours, especially if the buyer doesn't show up with enough money. Hope this helps.
Loretta

Reply by Andy_WA on 8/25/04 10:33pm
Msg #6720

$50/signing is what some considered sweatshop pay. If its edocs in your case (concurrent/piggyback loan) then you are working at a loss or for nothing. However, being a newbie you might take that as a learning experience.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.