Have you been Locked out of MortgageDoc.com-Notary Poll
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/6/04 8:02pm
Msg #5665

Did you express some displeasure with their e-mail to
notaries about the e-doc pricing on this or other notary boards?
Have you tryed to log on to their site?
Have you been Locked out of Mortgagedocs.com
since the e-mail they sent everyone?

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/7/04 12:49am
Msg #5685

No Lock

I responded to their letter about eDocs and I can still get into the system. I quoted them my regular fee. I got a letter back saying thanks and they would update my profile to add on my eDoc fee. I can still log in.

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/7/04 12:49am
Msg #5686

No Lock

I responded to their letter about eDocs and I can still get into the system. I quoted them my regular fee. I got a letter back saying thanks and they would update my profile to add on my eDoc fee. I can still log in.

Reply by Grayce NJ on 8/7/04 5:08pm
Msg #5707

Re: No Lock

What did you charge them. It appeared to me that they were only willing to go to about $65.00 for e-docs. Am I wrong?

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/7/04 9:40pm
Msg #5718

Fees - MortgageDocs

Hi Grayce,

I do not know if you are wrong about the $65. MortgageDocs simply sent us an analysis of what they believe it costs. They asked for feedback.

If someone got locked out, it is because they are doing something other than giving their feedback to MortgageDocs.com. I doubt that simply posting an opinion stopped them from getting into the site, either.

When I wrote MortgageDocs they did not say: "You are Hired on Jobs for eDocs!" They thanked me for my input.

I posted that I was not "locked out" and did not intend to say that my amount was accepted or rejected.

To answer the question what did I tell them I charge eDocs - I quoted them my regular rates. If someone can do a $65 eDoc signing they should take it.

My regular eDoc rates start at $30 and go up to $50 depending on how they will come to me - downloaded directly from the internet is much better and is at the low end. Right now, $30 is as cheaply as I can do them and still keep my flow going.

The rest of my post is a MortgageDocs comment: What they strive to do, I believe, is to avoid all the person to person discussion of fees. That is a $$ saver to the signers and to them.

The reason MortgageDocs has the site they do is to give the notary a place to give input without making phone calls and taking up people time. They do not have to call you, have you check your schedule, pull over if you are driving, etc. You accept the assignment and confirm it on the web. You know what the fee is. If you do not want it, you do not take it.

That saves a lot of phone tag, etc. I set up my cell phone to notify me if I have email from certain places and know when certain email arrives which I need to respond to asap to get the work assignment. I will go directly to my computer, or stop off at Starbucks with my laptop and see what's up when certain email notifications come in on my cell phone. If I miss the signing or other job, I cannot worry about it and hope for the next one to appear in my box at a more convenient time. If I miss two jobs, I send an email to the company that I still want the work but that I missed responding in time because of ____. (There is another company I work for which is web-based, like MortgageDocs--MortgageRamp is also.)

You can call MortgageDocs if you need to talk to them and ask questions during a signing. But for most communication, you can go directly to the web. I prefer to put things in writing and that's what their site does. I like that. Interested parties can all access the info at a point of entry to comment and pose questions. The questions are answered immediately.

I think that we will see more of these types of sites and so much the better. With MortgageDocs I do accept a slightly lower base fee, but it's worth it for the automated procedures. The assignment is right there without having to take a call, accept a fax, watch for an email, etc.

My time is worth a lot to me. **Getting my check on time is worth a lot to me.** The more efficiently that a company can provide my work assignments, the more efficiently I can do the work.

The faster I can work, the more jobs I can do. And, the mental energy not expended on wondering if I will get paid next month is also worth a lot. MortgageDocs is going to pay me on time. Those are the kinds of things I take into consideration when I set a fee.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/8/04 7:10pm
Msg #5760

Re: Fees - MortgageDocs

You're Dead Wrong
a lot of people have been locked out since they voiced their opinion on these boards. I persoally don't Care I will not and can not do a E-mail doc for what you're doing them for nor will I do them for $65.00. I live in Farm Country every thing is miles away
And I cover 8 Counties, needless to say there are not alot of SA's in this area.

Reply by sa on 8/8/04 12:29am
Msg #5728

Yep

And so have many others.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.