Notary Rotary
Maxemail
Notary Discussion History

Maxemail
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Bob, Ca on 8/11/04 11:27pm
Msg #5969

Maxemail

I am in the process of getting an account with maxemail. I am looking over the different plans. Is it really necessary to have a local number for faxes or does it really matter.

Reply by Mary/AL on 8/12/04 9:36am
Msg #5979

I don't think it really matters whether you have a local fax # or not. Most of the companies faxing to you are long distance anyway. I am in central Alabama and the nearest fax # I could get was an Atlanta #. I've had it for 3 years with no problems at all.

Reply by Bob, Ca on 8/12/04 11:49am
Msg #5982

thanks.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 8/12/04 5:48pm
Msg #5994

I use maxemail and don't have a local fax. No one has even questioned the number, including CT companies and organizations that send me faxes.

No one notices or cares. Sort of like cell phone versus telephone. Your fax number is your fax number - 10 digits. In all likelihood, every fax and call you receive is from out-of-state, it really doesn't matter where your fax telephone number is "located."

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/13/04 1:17am
Msg #6005

I use e-fax and I have a local number. To me, it just looks more professional to have the same area code for my phone and fax. Same goes for email addresses - I think hotmail addresses are terribly tacky for anyone to use for business purposes. I don't know if any signing services or title companies even care, but I care about the image that I'm projecting.

And it's only $150 a year, which I can write off anyway.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/13/04 6:34am
Msg #6009

I use Maxemail, have a local number - and voice mail - and pay $60 a year.

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/13/04 2:07pm
Msg #6028

I have a question and no question is ever stupid, right? What is the benefit of having Maxemail versus using your regular fax #?

Thaks,

Sonya

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 8/13/04 7:41pm
Msg #6046

Re: Maxemail...

Benefit: A lot if your regular fax craps out mid-fax Friday afternoon and you aren't at your home office until 4 hours later and the sender's office is closed for the weekend.; i.e., you can't get that *! HUD and affidavit out of your fax machine. Also, Maxemail doesn't tie up your telephone line.

I can receive, review and decide to print my Maxemail fax anywhere. Was away from my home office from dawn-beyond dusk today, as long as I could find an internet connection I could "view" my faxes (print if necessary). There was no reason to print them, "delete"; no wasted paper and no wasted "home" time or wondering "did I get any faxes." Also, your faxes are stored in your Maxemail account until you delete them. No need to print a hard copy.

You can choose any service, Maxemail isn't the only one, or how much service you want. I just LOVE the convenience and affordability of Maxemail. For the past few years, it has suited my needs at an extraordinarily reasonable price. I don't need any more business expense write downs.

Reply by Joan-OH on 8/14/04 8:12pm
Msg #6083

I had a signing last week that turned into an edoc signing because someone forgot to send the docs. The signing was at 830am, the time title opened. I was missing the HUD & affidavit I knew to be in every package with this company. After comfirming the borrower had internet service, I called title on the way and had them "fax" it to me. I was able to print it out at the borrowers w/o a problem.

Also, the email I use for maxemail "alerts" me to any incoming faxes with an instant message to the cell phone. No more waiting for faxes for me or calling home to check if anything has arrived on the machine.

I do a lot of work for IREP. The confirmation is always a 4 page fax with the 3rd & 4th page being instructions that I have seen 150 times. With Maxemail, I just print out what I need, pages 1 & 2

For $14.85 a year, I wouldn't receive faxes any other way and I own a laser fax machine. Maxemail just makes me more mobile.

Joan-OH

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.