Notary Rotary
Mortgagedocs.com
Notary Discussion History

Mortgagedocs.com
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/7/04 7:19pm
Msg #5711

Mortgagedocs.com

I just read on another board that Mortgagedoc.com are Now offering only $50. for signings.
$65.00 for e-Doc's
They are also monitoring these message boards to see who is responding and what their saying. And there is nothing private on these boards you can be traced.
Bye the way I don't see anything wrong with having posted that e-mail letter from Mortgagedocs.com.
1) As with cell phone calls you have no reasonable right to believe that it will be private.
2)As I read it, it was addressed
TO ALL NOTARIES.
3) Why shouldn't all notaries have an input as to what is fair payment maybe they don't work ForMortgageDoc.com now but would in the future (Don't we have a right to be informed)

Reply by SA on 8/8/04 12:28am
Msg #5727

Many of us have been shut out of their system for posting opinions on the notary Boards.

Reply by Arthur on 8/8/04 9:17am
Msg #5738

Don't call it "shut out of the system". Just call it being moved to a "free speech zone"..

Reply by Bob-Chcago on 8/8/04 12:46pm
Msg #5749

This subject has probably been discussed to death by this point.
I think that a large part of the comments were by people who did not carefully read the subject communication.
The e-mail never said that they would pay $13.50 for e-docs. They asked their NSAs to give them THEIR best price.
Also never said five minutes to print. Said five minutes, tops , to get the computer ready to print. After your printer starts printing (YMMV) , you can do other work , or whatever, while it is printing.
The e-mail also said that the NSA could set the cut-off time for recpt of the docs.
There are few enough good SSs, out there. I support the good ones, especially those that send me lots of $ each month.

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/8/04 2:22pm
Msg #5751

I have read some of your posts on the boards on this subject, and though I do not have quite the set up that you do so that I can be as eDoc efficient as you are, I agree with pretty much everything you have said about MortgageDocs. This is a negative attitude spreading like wildfire.

I have only done three signings for MD, but I like those folks a lot because they (1) Answer my emails or postings to their site immediately (2) Treat me with respect, (3) Are automated.

I may have priced myself out of the arena for MortgageDocs at this point because I submitted $30 as my price because that's what I feel it takes for me. They gave us a starting point and we responded with our price. That's all that happened, as best as I can tell.

Reading an email through for the meaning and details before reacting to it is a lot like reading signing instruction before going to a signing. In this case, it seems like a lot of people just saw the negative and reacted to that.

My grandmother used to say that I should not say anything, if I could not say something nice. That's not always true in business, because truth is not always "nice" and sometimes you have to be honest. But, we do not have to beat a dead horse to death by finding all the negative and editing out the positive things about our industry.

There are a lot of positive things that can be said for a lot more companies than we make known about them unless someone asks us. Having said that, I should back it up...

LandAmerica is paying faster every time I work for them. MortgageRamp deposits their checks to me within 20 days. My experience is that Tony Negrete is another one of those good folks to work for. I appreciate him and Chantelle for the responsiveness and respect with which they treat me.

Negrete, like those mentioned above, come through with the checks like clock-work, and there is something to be said for that. Call it "sucking up," or just stating the facts, and reporting them as quickly as we report the hiring entities that are negative forces in our work.

I have found that while we do have to watch out for the bad guys, thus far 90% of the folks I have worked for come through with my checks in a very timely manner. It seems simple to me that if a fee is too low for someone's budgetary needs, they simply should not take the signing. I have turned down signings, but I will bet someone else was right behind me picking them up.

Being publicly negative about companies you might want to work for in the future will not improve future business--it is pointless. I am not talking about answering a post where someone wants to know facts on a company with helpful reports on things that you have experienced...I mean just plain old negative attitude stuff. I know that it is true that if I do not want to read it, I do not have to, and, likewise, no one has to read this, either.

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/8/04 2:26pm
Msg #5752

I said above:
' ... "nice" and sometimes you have to be honest.'

' ... "nice" and sometimes you have to be blunt.'

Reply by A Wise Notary on 8/10/04 5:35pm
Msg #5884

JAMIE JESSUP AND MORTGAGEDOCS.COM ARE CROOKS

Jamie Jessup and Mortgagedocs.com are a bunch of crooks. I did about 12-15 signings for them and AFTER all that Mr. Jessup said I didn't follow his instructions and refused to pay me for all of the closings. HE GOT PAID for every closing I did for him, however, he refused to pay me because he is a thief. I have read other message boards about him and was contacted by another notary saying he was trying to get the FBI involved because he keeps changing names and owners to stay ahead of the people he rips off. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and will also be contacting local law enforcement in Florida as it is illegal to do what he is doing. I provided the service as outlined in my agreement and I deserve to be paid. This is the only notary place that has ever treated me this way and I do 60+ signings a month with absolutely no problems. JAMIE JESSUP IS A CROOK. I hope he is monitoring these sights so that he knows that EVERYONE will know he is a crook.

Reply by Me again on 8/10/04 5:39pm
Msg #5885

My mistake, MORTGAGENOTARY.COM....

Sorry, please note, my complaint is with MORTGAGENOTARY.com, they are the crooks, I have not done business with MORTGAGEDOCS.com.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/10/04 5:42pm
Msg #5886

Re: JAMIE JESSUP AND MORTGAGEDOCS.COM ARE CROOKS

Without addressing the issue of the ethics of either Jamie Jessup or MortgageDocs.com, I have to tell you that in my book, if you're going to call someone a crook, you don't do it behind the shield of anonymity. You say it out in the open; otherwise, you, too, are guilty of a lapse in ethics. It is a cowardly thing to do, and there are many people who otherwise might be prone to listen who will tune you out.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.