Notary Rotary
Name
Notary Discussion History

Name
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Kristyn on 8/17/04 6:44pm
Msg #6201

Name

Are Notary Publics called "Notary Publics" after their names or are there initials one would put after a name? In other words, how is a notary public addressed in a letter? What is their proper title?

Reply by HisHughness on 8/17/04 7:25pm
Msg #6205

Kristyn inquired:

***Are Notary Publics called "Notary Publics" after their names or are there initials one would put after a name? In other words, how is a notary public addressed in a letter? What is their proper title?***

I would suggest you use the full term, Notary Public, not NP. That is not a commonly encountered abbreviation.

Another point: The plural is not "notary publics." It is "notarys public." The modifier (public) is not what there is more than one of; it is the notary that numbers more than one. A similar instance and one encountered more frequently is attorneys general, for a state's top legal officer.

Reply by Becca/FL on 8/17/04 7:32pm
Msg #6206

HisHughness, please clarify

Is it "Notarys Public" or "Notaries Public" now I'm confussed?!
Thanks

Reply by HisHughness on 8/17/04 7:55pm
Msg #6208

Re: HisHughness, please clarify

Beccccccccccca, puzzled, asked:

***Is it "Notarys Public" or "Notaries Public" now I'm confussed?!
Thanks***

Sorry to be a little tardy in replying to this, Becca. I was trying desperately to figure some way out of admitting that I made a sophomoric error; the rest of the time, after I finally recognized that I had no alternative, was spent wiping the egg off my flushed face; you know, the one with the stupid look on it.

Of course it is "notaries public." Just as, hereafter, it will "Hoo hoo hee hee, HisHughness." (It is, though, "attorneys general".)

I can only plead that I am brain dead at the moment, having spent the day writing essays that will be used as the benchmark essays for teacher evaluation exams. Today, I wasn't writing the essays that will be used as the benchmarks for good papers; I was writing those that will be the examples for papers that score a 1 on a 4-point scale. It is a numbing exercise.

Good catch, Becca.

I hate you.

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/17/04 8:03pm
Msg #6209

Fo'get about it!

Wow, the student catching the teachers mistake. I'm sure most will let it slide - this time. After all, it sounds like you were in the "student" mode.

I don't hate you.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/17/04 9:39pm
Msg #6217

Re: Fo'get about it!

Beccccccccccca, with only the slightest hint of a smirk, wrote:

***Wow, the student catching the teachers mistake. I'm sure most will let it slide - this time. After all, it sounds like you were in the "student" mode.

I don't hate you.***

You realize, of course, that being gracious about it is even more annoying than catching the error originally.

I think I'm going to cry.

Reply by anonymous on 8/18/04 12:19am
Msg #6226

yes its time for you to cry. you and your attorney language and the way you hopelessly try to make me cry is a very bad use of this forum and wasted time to read any of your reply's.
sorry but i don't like your waste of time. just try to put something in short, direct answers, i'm really not interested in your higher feelings.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/18/04 7:33am
Msg #6235

Anonymous gloated:

***yes its time for you to cry. you and your attorney language and the way you hopelessly try to make me cry is a very bad use of this forum and wasted time to read any of your reply's.
sorry but i don't like your waste of time. just try to put something in short, direct answers, i'm really not interested in your higher feelings.***

Take a close look at your screen, Anon. Just below the message that is displayed you'll see a button that says "Next." When you see a post which I author, click that button and you won't be bothered having to try to decipher the "attorney language" it contains. You'll know I'm the author because it will be identified as "HisHughness." It will not say "Anonymous," "Unidentified," or "Unwilling To Stand Behind His Words."

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 8/18/04 9:04am
Msg #6242

ALRIGHT CLASS, SETTLE DOWN

Reply by Gracie on 8/20/04 3:25pm
Msg #6399

I will *not* let it slide. As many times as Sir Hughness has caught me up in my own web of words? I *need* this check in his minus column to help balance the universal scales. . .

Reply by Kristyn on 8/18/04 12:34pm
Msg #6251

Thank you.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 8/18/04 1:07pm
Msg #6256

Kristyn
You could also use NSA (notary signing agent)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.