Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
National Document Signing Services - Don't Pay!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Nay on 8/13/04 10:41am
Msg #6018

Want to warn you all about this agency. I did a signing on 6/18 and was told that they cut checks on the 30th of each month. Gave them 2 weeks after the 30th before emailing them. I was told a check was being cut. Two weeks later I called their accounting dept and they assured me that a check was being cut. It is now close to 60 days after the signing. Do I just blow it off, or continue to waste my time calling them? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Reply by Jon on 8/13/04 11:45am
Msg #6021

If you DON'T want the money, blow it off. If you DO want the money, keep calling.

Reply by Cynthia Wriske on 8/16/04 8:15am
Msg #6139

I did a signing for them in April and finally got paid in July, in addition they shorted me $15.00 from original signing fee. Anyway I bugged them, faxed, emailed, called...etc... I wont do anymore work for them to much of a hassle. Just keep bugging...

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 8/13/04 11:49am
Msg #6023

I have done 2 signings for them and was told they cut checks on the 15th of each month; I can only hope for the best.
Since your signing was in June and after the 15th, by what they told me, you should hasve received payment by now.

I've never been stiffed and I hope it won't happen with these two signings that I've done.

Reply by jyhoward on 8/13/04 1:36pm
Msg #6026

Nay ---

I would search the posting on this site for a "Formal Demand" collection letter. I had to use it last week for a job I did in May and lo and behold, they called me and told me I would have a check asap. And what do you know, I finally got a check the very next week. Hmmmm.....sounds like the collection letter holds some merit after all. I don't know who originally posted it but it worked like a charm. Good luck! Smiley

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/13/04 1:58pm
Msg #6027

Who did your guys work with there? Was it Andrea? I just did two things fro them. This scares me. No wonder they pay so well.

Sonya

Reply by Andrea Joannou on 8/13/04 6:26pm
Msg #6040

Why don't you call our offices and speak to the accounting department again. We always pay our notaries.

Reply by Grayce NJ on 8/13/04 7:15pm
Msg #6043

I have done quite a bit for them over the last two years and have always been paid timely.

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/13/04 8:46pm
Msg #6050

It sounds like he's already called twice. Can you explain why it should take 3 phone calls for a notary to get paid? We shouldn't have to call at all.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/14/04 3:40pm
Msg #6078

Andrea Joannou, in response to a complaint, declared:

***Why don't you call our offices and speak to the accounting department again. We always pay our notaries. ***

Would you please post a message when the complainant has been paid, Andrea? NDSS has just gone on my "Reject All Assignments" list, and I'd like to remove them if it is unjustified.

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 8/15/04 12:00am
Msg #6089

Re: National Document Signing Services - I was paid!

I only did one for them - on July 17th - and while they did not meet my base fee (it was $5 less!) as it was not too far away (and they are from my home in England!)and I had time that day I did the signing.
I received the check on the 2nd August, so based on that I would work with them again - if they meet my fee.
I found them very pleasant to work with.

Reply by sue on 8/13/04 10:53pm
Msg #6055

apparently someone from National DSS replied below inviting you to call AGAIN. So, I'd call Monday a.m. and in that call we all will assume they will again tell you a check is being cut. I'd call again right after lunch to see if it was done and I'd call again at 4:00 to be sure they remember to put postage on the envelope and one more call at 4:45 being sure they got it to the mailbox on time. Tuesday a.m., call to ask if they got to the mailbox okay with no mishaps between their door and the mailbox. Tuesday after your mail arrives call to tell them your check isn't there and you don't believe they mailed it. Call again Tuesday afternoon to ask for a replacement check. Repeat until check is received. OR, Monday when they say the check is being cut tell them you want it overnighted, afternoon delivery (cheaper for them) but you will have it on Tuesday since the poster below seems to be implying there is some fluke and this isn't their norm. I'm not sure but I believe debt collectors can only call once a day but I'd imagine if it was your own invoice and you are asking legitimate questions you can call as often as you'd like - besides, what are they going to do, have you arrested?

Reply by Sonya Armfield on 9/16/04 4:55pm
Msg #8103

Re: National Document Signing Services - Do Pay

Ok, guys, fair is fair. I did a signing on August, 15, 2004. NAt'l mailed a payment out to me on August 30, 2004. Due to a US Postal Service error, I did not receive payment until today.

I have worked with Andrea and Daniel. They have both been really professional and helpful.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.