Posted by NotaryPro on 8/16/04 6:34pm
Msg #6170

Notaries

Dear Notaries,

NotaryPro is a nationwide signing agency. We are currently seeking to expand
our database and are looking for experienced signing agents. If you are
interested in becoming part of our team of contractors please visit our
website at www.notarypro.com and enter through the Mobile Notaries or
Attorneys section. We look forward to working with you.

NotaryPro

18012 Cowan St. ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92614
fax 800.375.3220

Reply by Maggie on 8/16/04 7:37pm
Msg #6173

Thank you for the info. I just signed up with the service. I am a Certified Signing Agent in Orlando, Florida

Reply by Notary on 8/17/04 9:06am
Msg #6183

Concern about Notary Pro

Could you please respond to the concern regarding your company on the GoMobileNotary.com board? Is it true??

Reply by Sandi/CA on 8/17/04 11:06am
Msg #6187

Re: Concern about Notary Pro

I'm a notary who's done plenty of jobs for Notary Pro. No worry here! These people are easy to work with, and pay right on time. Don't hesitate to sign up with them. I definitely take any jobs they send my way!

Reply by Janneen on 8/18/04 12:36pm
Msg #6252

Re: Concern about Notary Pro -RESPONSE

Firstly, I usually do not respond to these posts, but I have been asked to respond by a few notaries that have called me personally. As most of you know, every time an assignment is given to a notary, we state the fee's we offer for that assignment. (The further out from the borrower we do take into consideration as well as e-docs.) At that time we also state our cancel fee and we ask the notary if that fee is acceptable. This is the time we give you, the notary, the first right of refusal on the assignment. The notaries that posted here agreed to the fee at that time (including the cancel fee). These fees's also reflected on the confirmation sheet that was sent to them before they went out. This file in particular was 7.28 miles (17 mins) from the notary to the borrower. Secondly, most of these notaries signed up with NotaryPro at which time they agreed to accept assignments for the stated fee up to a certain distance. It is far too easy to sling mud when one feels that they have been mislead, but as you can see, this has never been the case. Had the notary called us and told us she was there for an extended period of time before it cancelled, we would have reviewed her request for full payment. This we have always done on a case-by-case basis. It is shocking that posts are allowed to run rampant with only one side to the story. Please make sure you check your contracts prior to posting, as most of these situations would not be valid.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/18/04 6:41pm
Msg #6268

Janeen, on behalf of NotaryPro, said

***...every time an assignment is given to a notary, we state the fee's we offer for that assignment. (The further out from the borrower we do take into consideration as well as e-docs.) At that time we also state our cancel fee and we ask the notary if that fee is acceptable...***

In two years and several hundred closings in this business, I have never had a lender, title company or signing service tell me, upon the initial discussion of an assignment, what the company's cancellation fee is. I am not saying NotaryPro does not do that; I've never handled a closing for them (though I believe I am in their database), so I don't know. What I am saying is that the contention of immediate disclosure of cancellation fees is one of two things: 1) an exageration or distortion of their actual practice; or 2) something that deserves commendation from all signing agents as a really responsible way to approach the problem of cancellation compensation. I'd like to hear the experience of SAs who have worked for NotaryPro about their experience. And, if it bears out what Janeen contends, I'd like to hear from NotaryPro with the offer of an assignment or two; depending, of course, on their willingness to pay my closing fee.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/18/04 7:15pm
Msg #6273

I do believe it is Notary Pro that has said to me when placing an order, "We pay such-n-such if the borrowers doesn't sign. Is that acceptable?" (Or words to that effect.)

I don't do a lot for Notary Pro because they usually don't meet my fees.

Paul/FL

Reply by sa on 8/17/04 9:58am
Msg #6185

If you want experienced agents, you must pay $75 and up

If you pay $75 and up, then you will get tons of experienced agents signing up with you.

Also, is the post on GMN true? You only pay a small portion of the fee if the loan cancells?

Reply by Marie/CA on 8/17/04 1:40pm
Msg #6188

Re: If you want experienced agents, you must pay $75 and up

It is true regarding the 25.00 no/sign no/show fee and 75.00 at least in L.A. county for e-mail documents. I experienced it. Although I have done work with Notary Pro in the past (before I realized they only pay 25.00 no/sign fee) and they do pay on time. That is the only positive thing about them.

Reply by mike mchenry on 8/17/04 3:43pm
Msg #6192

have several signings for notay pro and are excellent to work for, have not experienced a no/sign yet but the way they pay i don't think i would complain. will take all the business they will give me.

Reply by Marie/CA on 8/17/04 4:06pm
Msg #6193

I am not sure what you mean about "the way they pay" but they pay no more than 50.00 - 60.00 per signing (overnights). And if you look on gomobilenotary.com board you will see what happened to one of the posters after printing e-mail documents.

I know some notaries are willing (obviously) to work for low fees and agreements that can ultimately leave them on the low end of the totum pole . . to each his own. I worked for a company when I first started that only paid 50.00 a signing (overnights) and paid full fee for no shows/no signs and that was okay. I did have a couple that didn't sign but I was still paid full fee. Later they changed to 25.00 no sign/no show fee and I (out of loyalty and stupity I guess) continued to work with them but then . . I had several different signings where the borrower refused to sign and I had traveled spent time etc. etc., and only ended up with 25.00 for each. That is when I graciously bowed out of working with them. They are nice people they pay as promised but I can't afford to take chances everytime I go out on a signing. There are too many good companies either with different policies or that pay substantially higher fees so that if . . . the signer doesn't sign you still get a reasonable fee (higher than most ss) for your time, expense and effort. But once again to each his own. Just please don't lower the overall business standards by accepting 75.00 e-mail doc. fees.

Reply by MaryT/AL on 8/17/04 6:08pm
Msg #6198

I completely agree with you Marie. It has been my experience that when a borrower refuses to sign it is due to Lender error - so why should my fee be reduced because they made a mistake?

Reply by patricia on 8/17/04 10:07pm
Msg #6219

reduced fees for no show, no signs or cancellations is one of the worst ways in which our business has been cheapened. When I started doing loan doc signings in 1998 it was standard procedure that the full fee was due for any of the above situations, I was not aware
of any exceptions. Now things have really turned for the worse in this area. I have always believed that the loan rep is responsible for going over loan terms with borrower and if they
are in agreement then they should request our service. Seems like some are sending just
anything out and believing all will be free if borrower wont sign. Please fellow notaries,
dont let our time be cheapend in this way.

Reply by CarolynCO on 8/24/04 5:44am
Msg #6585

Marie/CA wrote: Just please don't lower the overall business standards by accepting 75.00 e-mail doc. fees.

Just to clarify, does this $75 include signing, e-docs, mileage -- everything?

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 8/18/04 12:48pm
Msg #6254

I agree with you mike, I have never had any problem with NotaryPro.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.