Notary Rotary
Notary Directories
Notary Discussion History

Notary Directories
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Jennifer Rundall on 8/21/04 12:22am
Msg #6429

Notary Directories

Hi, I was wanting to take a poll of the individuals on this site. I would like to find out what directories individuals have had the most referrals from. I am currently with Notary Rotary and the NSA/NNA. I know that Notary 123 is also another great one. If any of you can share with me some other directories they have had good luck with, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jennifer - AZ Notary

Reply by HisHughness on 8/21/04 12:30am
Msg #6430

Notarylinks.com is free. I get many hits on my web site from that site; I'm not sure why. NotaryRotary is excellent. NNA is worthless.

Reply by Roger/OH on 8/21/04 9:18am
Msg #6434

I've had good success with Notary Rotary, 123 Notary, GoMobileNotary, American Notary Network, and even NNA has been decent. Would not bother with Notary Work.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 8/21/04 10:09am
Msg #6435

Agree with Roger/OH re success /nm

Smiley

Reply by nah_ar on 8/21/04 12:47pm
Msg #6441

Re: Agree with Roger/OH re success /nm

Since I started this two years ago I have kept up with how each company "found me". Go Mobile Notary has sent me the most closings, however I have found that the others are about equal. I just recently signed up with notaryrotary and have a gotten a GREAT response.

Reply by Liz/MD on 8/21/04 5:08pm
Msg #6446

Besides the companies I deal with all the time I seem to get a lot of hits from Signing Agent.com(NSA), 123notary and notary rotary. I will ask the company calling how they found me if they don't state it up front. After spending hundreds of hours signing up and researching companies I think , at least for me, the best avenue is to pay and get listed with at least 3 companies.
Title companies find me this way via these sights. The fees I pay each year to renew are well worth it. I don't bother with enlisting with cheap signing companies anymore and wasting my precious time. FYI

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 8/22/04 10:52am
Msg #6474

You go Liz, I do not even sign up with them anymore. It is usually when they throw me the $50 bone that I tell them no way. That is a waste of gas and time to do a $50 closing, especially when we have to have a title producers license and take continuing education classes every year. Most of the companies I do signings for are for the actual title companies that hire my abstracting business to do the title work.
Have a great day.
Loretta

Reply by Liz/MD on 8/22/04 2:48pm
Msg #6485

Hi Loretta:
I haven't done a $50 deal in over a year. I am happy to see that you don't either. I do a lot of last minute e-docs usually with the title companies. FASS calls now and then but I refuse to accept a $50 signing so they updated their records to indicate my fees. Maybe they won't call anymore.
I have had several calls from SS quoting a low fee, which I refuse, then they call back and meet my fee. I have even been called by different SS companies on the same day for the same signing. I figure the 1st SS couldn't find someone so they pass it onto another SS. More and more I have found the SS call me back and agree to my fees.
Are you commissioned in Delaware? Because I am only about a mile from the border I get at least 3 calls a week for signings in Delaware.
Take care
Liz

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 8/22/04 3:09pm
Msg #6487

Hi Liz,
I can't walk out my front door for $50. Evidently there is someone accepting the $50 closings because most of the time when I turn it down due to the low fee, they don't call me back. I know of one more licensed title producer that lives around here so it must be her. How long have you been a licensed title producer? I got mine just in time in January before the law passed in February.
Boy, all Maryland does is suck the money right out of you and in September I am taking the 6 credits that are mandatory to have per year.

I am not commissioned in Delaware. As far as closings are concerned. Delaware is an attorney state. This means that an attorney is the only person allowed to do signings in Delaware. A DE notary can acknowledge their signature on some of the docs but the attorney has to do the others. I'm not sure exactlly what docs because I have only done one like this. The attorney did the closing in a Beneficial office and had me witness their signature on something. This law has been there for a few years. My brother-in-law is the east coast representative for Beneficial Mortgage and covers NY/PA/DE/MD/NJ. I do several signings a month for Delaware but they meet me in Berlin, Salisbury or Ocean City. If we go to them and the bank finds out that I came to them in DE to sign the docs, their loan is void, even if they find out 3 years later. Then I get the pants sued off of me.
Glad to know I'm not alone here. I don't know where these signings companies get their nerve to even ask if I will do a $50 signing.
Take care.
Loretta

Reply by Liz/MD on 8/22/04 3:57pm
Msg #6489

I am have only been licensed for a few months. Where will you be taking the continuing ed? Also, if you don't mind my asking what pre-licensing course did you take? I went to Cutter's Class.
In reference to DE, I have done several closings at my home. I didn't realize DE was an attorney only state.
I regards to another notary accepting the $50...we refinanced our home 3 times in the past year and a half and each notary was from DE. They were nice but they basically just passed the papers. I at least will tell the borrower what they are signing.
Nice communicating with you...now I am going ouitside to enjoy this wonderful, less humid, glorious Eastern Shore weather.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/22/04 3:16pm
Msg #6488

Dr. Liz/MD disclosed:

***FASS calls now and then but I refuse to accept a $50 signing so they updated their records to indicate my fees. Maybe they won't call anymore.***

After I hit 300 signings, I told FASS my fee was going up to to $65. I haven't heard from them since. If they ever do call, now I'll have to tell them that the minimum fee for a signing service, on the rare occasions when I accept them, is $75. I hated to lose FASS; they were always really pleasant people to work for.

It's the same thing with Bancserv: When I went up to $65, they went away. And they, likewise, were awfully nice people to work with.

Unfortunately, just raising my price a few dollars never worked with my now ex-wife. Like a cheap necklace, she just hung around, turning me green.

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 8/22/04 7:22pm
Msg #6499

I am glad that I have never heard of FASS.
HisHughness, I hope my husband never says that about me. hahahahaha

Reply by HisHughness on 8/22/04 8:00pm
Msg #6502

Loretta chuckled:

***I am glad that I have never heard of FASS.
HisHughness, I hope my husband never says that about me. hahahahaha***

FASS = First American Signature Services, the in-house signature service for First American Title.

I never said that about my ex-wife when she was my wife, either. I understand she's in Florida now, training alligators to sit up and beg. God knows I know all about that.

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 8/22/04 9:47pm
Msg #6506

Oh, now I have heard of First American, I do quite a bit of title work for them but never a signing. They are a pain in the butt, they call about 4 hours of faxing it to me checking the status of the search. Don't they have something else better to do.
I also see that they have a test that you have to take on the internet in order to do their signings, what is that all about? And for 50 bucks, not a chance.

Reply by FM/IN on 6/20/05 11:07am
Msg #46139

Re: CHEAP TRICKY SS!

I totally agree --- taking that FASS test is RIDICULOUS esp. when they pay the rock-bottom rates! It seems to me that the LESS a SS pays, the MORE they WANT!

Today I "thought" a scheduler quoted me $150 and I accepted. When I got the confirmation, it said $50!!!! I "guess" that's what he said all along, but I sure am MIFFED!

Plus earlier this week I accepted another $50 job simply because the first co. that called that day and offered me $50, I rejected, so they rejected me -- so when the 2nd co. called, I accepted. But I'm NEVER going to suckered into that again! At least that one was 50 for OVERNIGHT docs.

The one I took today (that I thought was going to be $150, but it turned into 50) is only $25 extra for e-docs AND it's far away! NEXT TIME, I will listen HARDER. Some of them talk so fast and my cell phone is rarely at its best. I even REPEATED, "150" (because I was shocked), and he said, "Yes," but it's actually only 50 (plus the 25 for e-docs). NEVER AGAIN, I promise!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.