Notary Rotary
Other business opportunities
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by mimi on 8/18/04 4:26pm
Msg #6263

I'm from NJ. Aside from the business of taking photographs of homes, there was another business mentioned on this site awhile back. I think it had to do with taking documents to the court for processing??? What's the official title of this function or position?

Reply by JM/CA on 8/18/04 4:58pm
Msg #6264

You can try medical billing, the course is under $900, you can work from home and make approx. $25 per hour

Reply by Ali-IL on 8/18/04 8:10pm
Msg #6274

What is taking photos of homes all about?

Reply by jayflorida on 8/18/04 8:15pm
Msg #6275

I live in Florida, you have peeked my curiousity about the photographs. Can you enlighten me?

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/18/04 11:12pm
Msg #6286

I have a feeling he's referring to appraisers. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in CA there's quite a bit that goes into becoming an appraiser; it's not just a easy sideline job.

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 8/19/04 12:16am
Msg #6288

Hi,

These are called Drive-By Inspections. You accept assignments to take 2 photographs of the property. One from the street and one showing the address number on the house. You also have a short property description to fill out. It helps to have some knowledge of real estate and construction terms as you will need that for your property description. Also if you note any damage, you will need pictures of the damage and estimate the repair cost. I have also done insurance inspections for property damage from tornados/hurricane.

Then you go online and download the photos and fill out the report and submit it. I did 5 yesterday and 10 today. My fee for these are $25.00. That is $300 I earned in 2 days and it only took me about 4 hours total. I tell them the Zip codes that I am willing to do and I only get email notifications of Property Inspections in my area. I will only do them within 10 miles of my home. The 25.00 fee was for rush inspections to be done in 24 hours. Their regular fee is 11.00 for 2 day turnaround and 16.00 for 24 hour turnaround. She called me at 9:00am this morning and asked if I could do 10 inspections and submit by 7:00pm today. I only had 1 signing on Monday and 1 for Thursday and 1 for Friday and 1 for next Monday so far. This is a great way to earn money when things are slow in the loan signing area.

The 2 companies I work for is MortgageRamp and Clear Capital. MortgageRamp has training online and the application process is extensive.

Go to www.mortgageramp.com and www.clearcapital.com and check it out.

Reply by kim / nj on 8/19/04 7:13am
Msg #6292

Interesting info! I checked out MortgageRamp, but did not see any information regarding training. Do I need to register first? Can you send me an email so I can ask you some more questions? [e-mail address] ~ thanks :-)

Reply by Tracy/CA on 8/19/04 3:23pm
Msg #6329

Margaret,
Could you please send me some information as well? Thank you! My address is [e-mail address] Smiley

Reply by Cassandra Keeter on 8/19/04 4:50pm
Msg #6346

Hi I,m from CA and am very interested in this buiness too. I also am a new Real Estate Agent and need to suppliment some income. Email me too if can [e-mail address] Thanks!

Reply by Anonymous on 8/19/04 8:56pm
Msg #6357

Re: Other business opportunities-me too!

Please email me more info at [e-mail address]

Reply by erik_oregon on 8/20/04 12:48pm
Msg #6382

Margaret,
Could you please send me some information as well? Thank you! My address is [e-mail address]
thanks

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 8/19/04 10:31pm
Msg #6362

Margaret,
First of all, thanks for sharing that information and the websites that you provided.
I went to the 2 websites that you told us about and I found them to be complicated to navigate around to even find the section on the site that exactly told me about the drive-bys.
I was approached by Beneficial Mortgage here in Maryland asking me to do the same thing but I had never heard of such a thing. My counsin is an appraiser and I have an abstracting company so I thought I had "heard it all" but I haven't. It almost seems as though you have to have prior experience in the appraisal or insurance field to even get started. What do you think?
Maybe I will call a customer service number from each website and find out how to get set up.
Thanks again.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/22/04 5:44pm
Msg #6492

I would really appreciate any information on that. Please email me at [e-mail address]

Thanks,

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/22/04 7:28pm
Msg #6500

I think you may be talking about taking the docs for recording at the county clerk's office. I'd call it "Recording."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.