Notary Rotary
PAW NS - I have a Site Monitoring Question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 8/10/04 11:01am
Msg #5831

Good Morning, Web Wizard, Paul: I have a question about hits on a website.

My site is hosted by Winsave.com and it only supplies referal links over 20. Do you know if there is a service that does that?

I have used hosting before that supplied every referral link, which was very interesting to review. From an NSA's point of view, it can be very helpful to know the ones under 20.

I know that the paid accounts on Boldchat.com / live talk button will give the IP and every link that refers it, however, it's 19.95 a month, which is a little more than I wanted to spend.

Any suggestions, short of changing my hosting?

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/10/04 11:06am
Msg #5833

To Clarify: Site Monitoring Question

What I am looking for is a service that will monitor all hits from all referral links - not just a service that gives me the referring links over 20.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/10/04 11:14am
Msg #5834

Re: To Clarify: Site Monitoring Question

My site host does provide a list of all referrals, and you're right, it is valuable. However, it costs slightly over $20 a month, so I guess it's not for you.

I, too, have a question for Paul. Sometimes, when I check the stats on my site, they will show on a given day that the site had more visitors than it had page views. How on earth is that possible? If the site had a visitor, the visitor had to view at least the entry page.

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/10/04 11:42am
Msg #5836

Re: To Clarify: Site Monitoring Question

"My site host does provide a list of all referrals, and you're right, it is valuable. However, it costs slightly over $20 a month, so I guess it's not for you."

What I am trying to do is to decide what lists to go back into as they become due. I began listing myself in March, and that would give me 6 months to figure it out. What I might do is wait a until November and add a service to monitor for me.

I just want to cut the fat out of my budget, and $60 invested would save me some money.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.