Notary Rotary
Printer Toner
Notary Discussion History

Printer Toner
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Elizabeth_CA on 8/28/04 9:28am
Msg #6874

Printer Toner

I have a HP3380 and ordered a Toner (just 2) and the one-time required kit from tonerrefillkits.com. I know the refills are cheaper at tonerrefills.com and will purchase from there in the future. At tonerrefillkits.com, they suggested that you don't have to purchase empty cartridges and can use the kit to refill when needed. They never mentioned about the universal tool that Sylvia/FL mentioned. Is the tool or method of refilling different with the HP3380? Any suggestions?

Elizabeth

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/28/04 9:47am
Msg #6876

Elizabeth
The cheaper place for toner is www.tonerkits.com. But for the empty cartridges I go to www.tonerrefillkits.com
When I first got a refill kit, I only knew about www.tonerrefillkits.com and I bought the tool kit - you only need to buy it once.
I think the method of filling is the same whichever printer you have, but my esteemed Popsie (Paul) can give you better information on thatSmiley

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 8/28/04 9:51am
Msg #6877

Re: Printer Toner Thanks

Thank Sylvia, I knew you were reading the board this morning so I was waiting for your response. I appreciate your prompt response.

Elizabeth

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/28/04 9:55am
Msg #6879

Re: Printer Toner Thanks

You are welcome Elizabeth.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/28/04 11:41am
Msg #6893

The "tool" (a soldering iron with a hole maker at the end) will make the proper size hole in just about all laser printer cartridges, including the 1200, 1300 and 3300 series HP Laserjets. As Sylvia said, you only need to buy it once and use it once on each cartridge. After refilling, you plug the hole with a stopper or tape, depending on where you get your toner. When ordering toner, be sure to get the right toner for your printer as the granularity of the toner is different in some printers.

With many HP cartridges, there are two reasons why you can't refill them indefinitely: (1) the transfer matte and drum are part of the cartridge and will get scratched and worn out; and (2) the "waste" toner compartment will fill up. Unless you know where that compartment is, it's not worth emptying it. (And it is very messy to do so, though the toner is still "good".)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.