Notary Rotary
Professional Settlement Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/24/04 7:27am
Msg #6590

Mornin' Folks. Anyone know about or have experience with this Co. Professional Settlement Services...from Costa Mesa, CA. ??

Reply by nah_ar on 8/24/04 9:27am
Msg #6593

Have done two closings for them in the past week. I had serious problems with the first one which I put a posting here on. The second one went ok. Although there was a couple of hitches. They sent me the e-docs and I printed them and made the required copies. The closing was 2.5 hours away. They called me 30 minutes before the signing and said they were resending some of the docs that they had the figures wrong. I told them I was already 2 hours from the office and had no way to get the docs. They called the borrower and sent them via email to them. Just a small glitch however it made the closing very difficult and took 2 solid hours by the time the borrowers received docs and had reviewed them. We had to call the company 6 times during the closing due to extravagant mistakes in the docs. For example there were two TIL statements one with 79,000.00 and one with 99,000.00. The docs were inconsistent in 20 and 30 year fixed and variable. We were finally able to sort through everything. Just and FYI when I called Professional Settlement Services to question the docs (while the closing was going on) was told I needed to call the Loan Officer that they could not help me once the closing begin. I just felt like they were not well organized. I wish you the best of luck!

Reply by sue on 8/24/04 11:21am
Msg #6604

just a fyi -

signing services are basically schedulers. you call the lender with loan questions and you call the title company w/title questions. 21st Century used to have on their order form that you were to only call them w/questions and then they'd get you the answer - yeah, right. I am not playing whisper down the lane for anyone and many times the answer brings forth more questions. If there are questions, we call where we can get an answer directly (and hopefully we can get someone wherever it is we call).

as to the differences in numbers, I've got disclosures sometimes w/4 different amounts on them. some companies do a new 1003 & TIL for every loan program they've discussed w/the borrowers. don't know if that was what you had or not.

Reply by nah_ar on 8/25/04 3:56pm
Msg #6687

Unfortunately not. When I finally did get through to the loan officer (at his home), I was told the docs were completely wrong. I do not know who done the date entry on them, but the loan officer informed the borrower not to sign them. I called PSS back to tell them what the loan officer had said and was told I will tell somebody to call you and the man hung up abruptly. I called again while not displaying any emotion in front of the borrower and finally got to speak with a lady who informed me it was not their problem that I had contracted to get the docs signed and that was what I needed to do. We ended the call with me saying thank you. However the borrowers would not sign all the docs so I a sticky note on each unsigned doc with an explanation as to why they were not signed and returned them to PSS. I then received an email stating their "policies and procedures" which I already had, with emphasis on payment will not be made in full unless all docs are signed. The outcome still remains to be seen. I hope it is all good!!!

Reply by anonymous on 8/26/04 6:30am
Msg #6736

Thanks for the info....I was a bit concerned when they requested that my application be returnrd to them within 48 hours....and I got it on a Friday. They wanted all types of information about me but actually provided little real info about themselves......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.