Notary Rotary
Query
Notary Discussion History

Query
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 8/7/04 7:51pm
Msg #5712

Query

Has anyone ever heard of Select Signing Services, a group that claims it "has the largest notary database in existence"?

Reply by BrendaTX on 8/7/04 10:39pm
Msg #5720

Do you have a link for that one? It sounds familiar.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/7/04 11:04pm
Msg #5721

The address is notarywork.com. I find it passing strange that a signing service that bills itself as having the largest notary database in the country has such a low profile among notaries. About the only explanation I can figure for that is that they must be -- gasp! -- being untruthful.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/7/04 11:13pm
Msg #5722

I'm sorry. I obviously have done Select Signing Services a disservice. They have not wrongfully billed themselves as having the largest notary database in the country. They say they have the largest notary database "in existence."

My Daddy, bless his sainted hustling heart, always told me that if I was going to lie, make it about quality, not quantity. Quality is amorphous and often in the eye of the beholder. Numbers, on the other hand, have a distressing tendency toward embarrassing exactitude.

Reply by Unknow on 1/28/05 2:11pm
Msg #18596

Select Signing Services is not affiliated with NotaryWork.com. They are different companies.

Reply by Joan-OH on 8/7/04 11:34pm
Msg #5723

I belong to Notary Work but will not be renewing. I have yet to receive one call the year I have been a member. I know....I was new when I paid a signing service to work and didn't know better.

The message board is ok, but quite frequently, the system is down & I can't access - like today.

Joan-OH

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/8/04 12:05am
Msg #5724

I used to belong to notarywork.com, but didn't renew. It wasn't worth it! Not one single call as a result of my listing! And the message board isn't really that great! I did notice when I was a member that the only negative posts about a signing company that were removed, were posts about their own signing company! Any other negative posts about other signing companies were left on the board!

Reply by Jon on 8/9/04 11:12am
Msg #5779

I remember when they removed those posts, I also remember that they replaced the posts a couple of days later. The explanation was that NotaryWork.com is a separate company of Select Signings and not administered by the owners. The employees removed the posts and and the owners directed them to put the posts back up. I personally have gotten work from only two sites, NotaryWork and NotaryRotary.

Reply by NSA in WA on 8/8/04 12:27am
Msg #5726

Yep. Pay in 60+ days.

I did ONE job for them. Paid in 60+ days. Low fee. Never again.

H*** with them!

Reply by Jon on 8/9/04 11:15am
Msg #5780

Re: Yep. 30 days for me

I did one and was paid inside 30 days. I haven't done anymore because I don't want to do their faxbacks. My pay was above average, at that time which was in 2002.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/9/04 12:12pm
Msg #5782

Re: Yep. 30 days for me

Jon said:

***I did one and was paid inside 30 days. I haven't done anymore because I don't want to do their faxbacks.***

Occasionally, I'll get an assignment from a signing company that I haven't worked for before. There aren't that many nowadays, since like everybody else I try to hustle the title companies. Anyway, when they send the assignment and it requires me to fax back the executed HUD, the first and last pages of the mortgage, the TIL, and a bunch of other trash, I just call the SS back and tell them I'm sorry, I won't accept the assignment because I don't fax junk back, that I'm a professional and they need to rely upon that professionalism to get the job done. About 20 percent of the time they tell me "Thanks, but the title company requires that." The rest of the time they say forget about the faxing, just close the loan for us.

Reply by mike mchenry on 8/8/04 9:49am
Msg #5739

did a signing for them 06/14 hoping to get paid soon!

Reply by HisHughness on 8/8/04 9:55am
Msg #5740

If you don't mind me asking, Mike, how many signings have you done?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.