Notary Rotary
Questions about Maxemail
Notary Discussion History

Questions about Maxemail
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 8/21/04 10:39pm
Msg #6456

Questions about Maxemail

After seeing all the glowing posts about Maxemail, I am seriously considering subscribing. I have a couple of questions, though, that I hope someone will help me with:

1. When you print a Maxemail fax, does it have the annoying transmission information across the top of the printed copy?

2. I'm puzzled by how a fax is converted to a voicemail message.

3. Finally, this is for the all-wise, all-knowing, ever-patient Mahatma "Big Daddy" PAW: If I send a fax constructed in a DTP program, say PageMaker or Front Page, does the receiving machine have to have that program installed in order to view/print the fax?

Selah.

Reply by Reenie/CA on 8/22/04 12:09am
Msg #6459

1. Yes, the "annoying transmission" is included at the top; and
2. I am puzzled as well!
3. Go for it PAW!

Reply by DonR/NYC on 8/22/04 8:33am
Msg #6466

Having used Maxemail for a few years I can answer some of the questions:

1) Yes a "header" is on the top of each page but you can easily remove/cover it by using the viewer you can download free from J2 or E-fax (same viewer)

2) Maxemail records as wav files and send it as a regular e-mail. I don't remember it being able to convert faxes to voice

3) PAW will have to answer the DTP question.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/22/04 10:41am
Msg #6470

1) Yes it does have the headers.

2. It doesn't convert the fax to voice, when someone calls in, they have the option of leaving a voice mail or sending a fax. If they leave a voicemail, it comes to your e-mal as a wav file

3) My Popsie will have to answer that one. He is so much older and smarter than I am (at leasr on those technie thngs)

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/22/04 6:29pm
Msg #6493

A1 - Yes, by law, the header must be included in all received faxes. However, when printing, you may be able to edit the document to "hide" the header behind a white box.

A2 - Faxes typically aren't converted. Some systems have the ability to "read" a document to you simply using a text to voice processor. They often don't work too well. Maxemail, as far as I know, does not support this function. They do allow the caller to leave a voice mail message OR a fax.

A3 - The MaxEmail Send system currently supports the following file attachments:

.doc, .xls, .txt, .pdf, .tif, .html, .htm, .gif, .jpg, .pub, .rtf, .wps, .wpd, .cpy, .efx., xif, .pcx, .dcx, .fxd, .fxm and .fxs

Once your email is received by the system, it converts the attached file or files and then sends it out as a fax to the number you specified in the first part of the email address.

Paul/FL

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/22/04 6:32pm
Msg #6494

Short answer to question #3 - No. The included file is converted. Reason being that the receiving fax machine may in fact, be a real fax machine and not a computer. Last time I checked, fax machines don't support PM or FP or much of any computer software.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/22/04 6:35pm
Msg #6496

PAW expanded:

***Short answer to question #3 - No. The included file is converted. Reason being that the receiving fax machine may in fact, be a real fax machine and not a computer. Last time I checked, fax machines don't support PM or FP or much of any computer software.***

FAX machines don't have to support a graphics or DTP program. They >>copy<< images, not recreate them.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/22/04 6:33pm
Msg #6495

PAW:

So it would not support a PageMaker document? That is what my letterhead is created in.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/22/04 6:49pm
Msg #6498

HH said, "So it would not support a PageMaker document?"

Not directly as Maxemail does not support PMx files. However, you can "print" the PM file to a PDF document (or other common document type) and then send it to Maxemail.

Paul/FL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.