Notary Rotary
Saturday Appointments ?
Notary Discussion History

Saturday Appointments ?
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Happy in FL on 8/1/04 7:14pm
Msg #5332

Saturday Appointments ?

What is the latest signing appointment on a given Saturday "advisable" to accept, if you have a 20 plus mile drive home- and have to check docs- contact lender that signing is complete, then get pkg. to Fed-Ex for a Monday delivery to lender? I'm trying to avoid getting into that scenerio- and want to be prepared - ;ei: A 10 am. appointment would be okay- but if the people you are to meet, call and" have to" reset til 2pm;? or? and now for some reason your not able to contact the lender- ; if you do the signing- and cannot get the fed-ex delivery-/ only Monday am. would be next for mailing-- Have any of you experienced S/A "s run into this before? Sunday signings (after church of course) will undoubtedly be mailed Monday correct? TIA.

Reply by Carol on 8/1/04 8:20pm
Msg #5334

Personally I don't accept any Saturday appointments passed 12 noon. My last UPS pick up in my area is 11 am, and Fed Ex at 2:30, so I do explain that docs may not go out until Monday, which is the same scenario as doing an evening closing - the docs won't go out until the next business day. Sunday presents the same problem - docs can't go out until Monday. Either way, the loan will not fund until Thursday-the documents will be delivered by Tuesday, which should be sufficient. Again personally, I do not do Sunday signings. I don't think any lender will date documents on a Sunday - so they must be asking you to back date?????

Reply by Roger/OH on 8/1/04 10:51pm
Msg #5337

Take any Saturday/Sunday appointments YOU want to take, at whatever time is agreeable between you and the borrowers. Don't worry about getting the package out that day; Monday mailing is fine for signings done over the weekend.

I have done numerous Sunday ones as well, and docs ARE dated for that day in most cases.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/1/04 11:13pm
Msg #5339

Any signings I do on a Friday or a Saturday get shipped out on Monday - never a problem, as there is no pick ups here on a weekend, unless you call them to come pick the package up - but most companies don't want to pay the extra for the weekend pickup, so docs go out MondaySmiley

Reply by HisHughness on 8/1/04 11:29pm
Msg #5340

Sylvia, forget all this nonsense about Saturday appointments. I need your help. What do I have to do, leave my wife and children and Chihuahua and take you off to some exotic place like maybe Mobile to get a little assistance? How about answering my question? Then you can deal with these mere mortals and their trivial concerns. Why do you think I'm paying you the big bucks?

Reply by Happy in FL on 8/2/04 9:09am
Msg #5344

Appreciate the input "you-all". My main concern was getting the docs out of my hands, and back to lender, without messing up the works- and you fine folks settled my apprehension of that. Thankyou so much. (90% of all our fears never materialize they say- so guess we should say "Don"t worry- Be Happy"- umm- now where did I hear that before- -someone should put that to music- Hey?)" "need a smiley face here- how do you do that Sylvia?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/04 9:18am
Msg #5346

Happy's smiley face

Happy - just do a colon (Smiley and a close parantheseis )
put them together and you get Smiley

If you do the colon and the open parenthesis you will get a frowny :(

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/04 9:21am
Msg #5347

Re: Happy's smiley face - well I blew that one!

Weird! I should have been able to put the : after the ( and it shouldn't have given the emoticon. And doing the colon and open parenthesis should have given a frowny!

OK - maybe Harry only wants happy faces on this boardSmiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/04 9:17am
Msg #5345

Hugh, you have to do better than Mobile as an exotic place!

Now mention Paris (France, not Texas) or Venice (Italy, not Florida) and we may be able to come to some arrangement. Then, you would also have to shed your "lawyer" mantle. No self-respecting girl would want to be seen with a lawyer. Bad for the image, doncha knowSmiley

(I agree on getting rid of the Chihuaha - get rid of it and then get a "real" dogSmiley )

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 8/2/04 1:41pm
Msg #5353

Sylvia_FL ululated: "No self-respecting girl would want to be seen with a lawyer."

So I guess you wouldn't mind being seen in public with the legal lizards, er... wizards. Smiley

Reply by HisHughness on 8/2/04 1:51pm
Msg #5354

"Ululate," PAW? That sounds like something to do behind closed bedroom doors with a ukulele and pineapple flavored lotions.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 8/3/04 10:32pm
Msg #5441

Hey Hugh "get in line" Everyone wants to take Slyvia home!! She will never leave her husband for you no matter what you do!

Sylvia's husband knows hows to refill the "toner kits " @ & 7.95 per cartridge!!!
I don't know a notary on earth who would leave this man!!

Hugh: You need to move on!!
Cheers, Joan

Reply by HisHughness on 8/3/04 11:24pm
Msg #5450

Joan warned:

***Hey Hugh "get in line" Everyone wants to take Slyvia home!! She will never leave her husband for you no matter what you do!***

You could have told me that before I took her recommendation and bought your danged book tonight. I thought it would ingratiate me with both of you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.