Notary Rotary
Strange message
Notary Discussion History

Strange message
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/24/04 5:49pm
Msg #6637

Strange message

About a week ago, I received the following message from a loan signing service that will remain nameless for the moment:

Hello +++++++++++

We are pleased to inform you your check is on it's way! This is an automatically generated courtesy notice to let you know your check is getting processed now and will be sent to you shortly.

Check Amount: $+++++

Thank you for your services and we hope to do business with you again soon.

Now, the strange thing is, I have no record of doing a closing for these people. I gather it is one of those services where you pay, and they supposedly send you closings. I have never, and will never, join such a service. So I'm wondering: Has anyone else received a similar message recently. It is now a week later, and I still have not seen the check, which leads me to believe this may be some sort of bait 'em and reel 'em in routine.

Reply by Dotti_CA on 8/25/04 2:03pm
Msg #6682

I've also received the same message, but always for a company I've worked for and best of all, I actually received the check...and on time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.