Notary Rotary
United One Resources
Notary Discussion History

United One Resources
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Sonya-Maryland on 8/11/04 2:03pm
Msg #5937

United One Resources

Has everyone ever worked for this company? They called me at the last minute. They did not want to pay my set fee and balked at the extra fee charged for the 'piggyback' closing. Anyway, they called me at 11 am for a 2 pm closiing. I printed nearly 200 pages of documents. Then at the last minute, they called to say that it was cancelled. I could scream b/c I wasted all of that paper and ink toner. Does anyone have provisions with companys where you get paid if they do stuff like this?

Sonya

United One Resources

270 North Sherman Street

Wilkes Barre PA 18702

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/11/04 6:31pm
Msg #5950

I always bill my edoc fee if I have printed docs and the signing cancels. Luckily, I have never had a problem collecting.

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/13/04 1:32am
Msg #6006

Why do you keep modifying your screenname?

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/14/04 11:38am
Msg #6067

Honestly, I do not know. Is it causing a problem?

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/14/04 1:33pm
Msg #6076

No, it's not causing a problem at all, I'm just curious. Once you choose a screenname it stays in the dropdown menu above where you post the message, so for it to constantly morph would mean you were constantly manually changing it and that just strikes me as a bit odd.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/16/04 3:18pm
Msg #6158

Generic Templates of Documents

Does anyone keep generic templates of documents such as Occupancy Affidavits and Deeds?

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/16/04 8:53am
Msg #6140

Are title, escrow companies, etc monitoring these boards?

Do title & escrow companies monitor these boards? I just had a representative from one of the companies that I work for send me an 'interesting' email in repasonse to a posting that I sent.

Thanks,

Sonya

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 8/16/04 12:02pm
Msg #6147

If you post on a Public web site ...

It is a good assumption that a posting on a public site will be read by an unknown number of unknown people from unknown locations.

1. NSAs read these boards, so do title, lender, signing company, and other curious readers in this field.

2. Borrowers, notaries, and strolling-through-the-internet readers find this site, too. Particularly borrowers who decide that NSAs have an easy job and make big bucks, they will find these sites with a simple google search.

If you are specific enough, parties will think they recognize themselves or their situations.

In other words, only post what you want the world to read. Don't think that there is no way that the post can be traced back to the original sender. That doesn't mean it will be, just that anonymous is not always as anonymous as you think.

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/16/04 3:01pm
Msg #6155

Re: If you post on a Public web site ...

Bobbi:

What part of Connecticut are you in? I am very familiar with Connecticut. I agree that anonymous is not as anonymous as you think. Its just that I find it 'interesting' that a lender that I had a run in with last week sent me a scatching email accussing me of posting stuff about her anonymous. I wanted to know from her if the scenario was generic, what made her think it was me?

Sonya

Reply by Sally- RI on 8/13/04 11:47am
Msg #6022

Who contacted you there?

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/16/04 7:41am
Msg #6135

Allison O'Hara

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.