Notary Rotary
You've scared the beegeezus out of me!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/20/04 1:35pm
Msg #6389

Ok I'll release the docs. But here is their response I just received.

Hi Cathy -

We pay our notaries every month if a notary does not invoice us than they do not get paid, or if a notary invoices us late they get paid late. Unfortunantley

Some notaries go to the boards and complain about every signing company. I assure you that if you invoice us properly you will get paid on time. The way our system is set up is that the month you complete the signings the following month is when payment goes out to the notary. Please send the docs for the signing that was completed.

They are waiting to fund the loan.

Thank you

Stacy Marks

Sign On The X, Inc.

Reply by Derrick Dodson on 8/20/04 1:45pm
Msg #6390

Don't tell me you held the docs capitve until you got a response for payment?

Reply by Anonymous on 8/20/04 2:20pm
Msg #6393

Ok bad idea. Docs were released on time.

Reply by Roger/OH on 8/20/04 2:16pm
Msg #6392

Glad to help...

Again, the borrowers have no idea who SOX is or what YOUR arrangement is with them, and it's not their concern. Always remember you're a notary public FIRST and a signing agent second. You have an obligation to serve the borrowers and properly execute the documents within your state laws; they have already paid for your services in their closing costs, and it's not their problem how that payment is later disbursed to you or by whom. When ss are bad about payment, it often helps to discuss the situation with the title company.

Glad you're releasing the docs, and hope I didn't unnerve you too much, but wanted to save you from putting yourself in a potentially very dangerous situation.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.