e-mail vs. digital docs
Notary Discussion History

e-mail vs. digital docs
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by Sandy - Ca on 8/19/04 10:51am
Msg #6307

e-mail vs. digital docs

Hi,

I need help understanding, what are the differences between e-mail docs vs. digital docs?

Thanks,

Reply by OCNotary / NJ on 8/19/04 11:28am
Msg #6308

Digital docs is probably referring to a site some companies upload their documents to called DigitalDocs.com Basically you have to create an account there, then the lender uploads the docs, you go there and download or print them. Email docs are exactly that. They arrive via email as an attachment, usually in PDF format (there are other formats such as SwiftView).

Hope that helps!

K~

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/19/04 11:50am
Msg #6310

Email docs is the generally accepted term for both of these. I get a lot of "email doc" signings that I download from a website. The email has the link to the site.

Reply by Sandy - Ca on 8/19/04 2:50pm
Msg #6327

Thank you both for your reply. I am a new NSA, I am trying to have the right equipment before I receive my 1st signing. I have establish my web site (it's still in modification mode). Anyway, my question "should I register to digitaldoc.com to retrieve my docs vs. email. I am worried that I may not be able to open the attachment. Any opinions?

Thanks,

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/19/04 3:57pm
Msg #6339

???

I just checked digitaldoc.com, no site there. Digitaldocs.com exists, but that's not a company for signing agents, it's for generating the docs at the title company.

You don't have a choice as to how you'll be sent email docs. Whatever the company uses is what you get. Some send attachments, some send you to a website. Just make sure that you have a PCL 6 compliant laser printer, an email address with at least 10 mb storage, and a high speed internet connection and you should be fine.

Reply by sandy - CA on 8/19/04 4:26pm
Msg #6344

Thank you so much. I have been spending crazy trying to be up to date with the equipment. My Tax Advisor going to hate me with all my write-offs

Reply by sandy- CA on 8/19/04 4:32pm
Msg #6345

Re: e-mail vs. digital docs: c/o CA_Notary

CA_Notary,

I had notice your name on several reponse. Thank you, I really appreciate it, and I sure other Newbies do too. May I ask, what county in California are you located at? I am curently looking for a mentor.(?) Someone I can pick their brains with.

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/19/04 10:38pm
Msg #6364

Re: e-mail vs. digital docs: c/o CA_Notary

I'm in Los Angeles, near Pasadena.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.