first signing
Notary Discussion History

first signing
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by s/ca on 8/19/04 1:36pm
Msg #6321

first signing

hi guys,
today is my first signing. hopefully all goes well. it is with first choice, so hopefully i will have a good experience with them. what are the most important things i need to remember?
thanks

Reply by Newbie_CA on 8/19/04 2:05pm
Msg #6325

Check to see if the borrower needs to initial the notary certificate on the deed of trust. My first time I missed that.

Remember to breathe, be confident and just make sure you go through the documents so that you can quickly identify each one to the borrower/s.

Good luck!

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/19/04 3:50pm
Msg #6337

Double check everything before you leave the signing. Make sure they sign their name exactly how it's printed on the loan docs. If they ask questions that you don't know the answer to, tell them to call their loan rep. You should only be answering general type questions anyway, so don't feel like you should have to know anything about the specifics of the loan.

Reply by nahobbs on 8/20/04 9:16pm
Msg #6418

Good Luck and Congratulations on your first signing...One of the most valuable pieces of advise to me was: Know what each document means and know the definitions of the terminology on the docs. Don't feel intimidated by the borrower, remember they need you. Hope it all goes well.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.