Notary Rotary
no work
Notary Discussion History

no work
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by lnap calif on 8/2/04 2:51pm
Msg #5355

no work

i'm new , and kinda unhappy with the schooling and teacher at were i went to notary and signing agent class,(said there so much work out there) i spent hours and hours getting this a go. after the long wait getting my notary and stamp all the stuff you need including a laser printer. I sign up on lists and lists and mailed out 137 flyer to tilte co. and i'v not gotten one call . I even have a certified real estate principals . The question I have to real notarys is there work out there mostly in northern california i'm willing to travel 50 mile +. and work weekends night what ever it take i though this would be a great thing for me I have a specail need kid now out of high school so this frees me up all these years . I guess i'v ran out of business tools.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/2/04 2:58pm
Msg #5356

Click on my username and either e-mail or fax me a copy of our flyer.

Reply by Linda/NOCA on 8/2/04 3:47pm
Msg #5357

I think there is little work for anyone. I am in Northern CA. and it has been really slow for me. I have been doing this for 3 years.

Reply by lnap on 8/2/04 3:57pm
Msg #5359

thank you , for your reply

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 8/2/04 4:00pm
Msg #5360

Where in Northern CA are you working in? I'm in the Sacramento County and just curious regarding the market in my area.

Reply by lnap on 8/2/04 4:10pm
Msg #5361

San Joaquin / Stanislaus area but will to travel sacto is only 45 min from me.

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 8/2/04 4:22pm
Msg #5362

Where in Northern CA are you working in? I'm in the Sacramento County and just curious regarding the market in my area.

Reply by Not_A_Notary on 8/2/04 5:30pm
Msg #5365

How many notaries do we have in CA? Maybe 550,000? That is 1 notary on every 65 people.
I'm not really surprised that work is slow

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/2/04 5:32pm
Msg #5366

I hate to seem like I'm picking on you here, but yours is not the first post of this type I've seen in this group.

Quite simply, your grammar and spelling in this post are atrocious. If you want people to view you as a professional, you have to come across professionally and writing skills are a VERY important aspect of that. The above post looks like it was written by a third grader. I'm assuming that, like most of us in here, your primary contact and first impression with signing services and title companies is written. If your flyer and/or written submissions look anything like this post, it's no wonder nobody is calling you.

Never underestimate the value of a first impression. There are many companies out there who will trash a resume if it contains even one spelling error. Our flyers and signup forms are our resumes. For you and all other newbies or people having trouble finding work, I would strongly suggest having somebody proofread your submissions prior to sending out anything. It could make a world of difference. I'd also recommend a few community college English courses. It would be one of the best investments of your time that you could make right now.

Reply by Joan-OH on 8/2/04 6:57pm
Msg #5373

I am proof that this is true

When IREP started in OH, I was told to go meet the Household Manager. When I did, the manager asked for my card. I did not have one on me. A few weeks later, I was told to go meet the Beneficial Manager because I was to be their primary closer. The day the program started I got called to the Household office to do a closing. I was told when I walked into the office that I was not assigned as their primary closer but that they requested me. Apparently, the person assigned as primary left a business card with a misspelling and typo. I just smiled and said "I sure an glad I didn't give you a business card" I've been making $800 - $1200 from that office on a monthly basis since....all because of someone else's typos.

Joan-OH

Reply by steve/fl on 8/2/04 10:07pm
Msg #5385

I have to agree with your viewpoint! The image you put forth using the grammer & typing skills is scary! How can you instill a signing service, title company etc to have confidence in hiring you if you don't have a basic command of the english language!
With all due respect take a course, read a book or at the least use a spell check when you correspond! Get serious if you want to be taken seriously! Good Luck!
With all the adversity & obstacles present in this kind of career why are you adding to it. Take control of the things that are in your power to change! It is no wonder the phone isn't ringing!

Reply by calipat/ca on 8/2/04 5:50pm
Msg #5369

I have been a notary for approximately 2 months . I have witnessed 3 loan signings and done 4 acknowledgement notarizations. I am signed up here on this site and on the NNA site (which after reading this site don't think I should have signed up there)...but o well. I am also signed up on 50statenotary. Only 1 call was from another site all the others were from here. I have also signed up on SS but not 137. I think you need to read and find out who you are signing up with when it comes to SS. 137 is alot. Of all the ones I have signed up with not one has called me. I got my 3 loan signings from this site alone.
Be patient it will come. Most important be professional and always smile as you answer your phone.

Reply by ElizabethA/CA on 8/2/04 7:11pm
Msg #5376

Where is your home base in Northern California? Who were the signing companies that you witnessed loan signings for? Did you have loan preparation experience?

Thanks.

Elizabeth

Reply by dan777 on 8/2/04 8:37pm
Msg #5379

Is this the case in Southern California as well??? Someone please let me know if there is a lot of work in the Los Angeles area. Thanks

Reply by CA_Notary on 8/2/04 9:33pm
Msg #5383

I'm doing fine in Los Angeles. Last month was a little slower than usual, but I've been more or less consistant in earnings since March.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 8/3/04 12:14am
Msg #5404

Possible Reason

I just did a "find a notary" search on this site
Used 30 miles from a central point in the Chicago Metro area and came up with 91 NSAs
Did the same search for Beverly Hills (90210 is only only ZIP I know in the LA area)
which seems centrally located and has approximately the same population. The search come up with 468 NSAs. You do the math. I don't envy you new guys in that area.

Reply by Dogmonger, CA on 8/3/04 9:31am
Msg #5411

Just my opinion

I would never send flyers through the mail. Unsolicited business offers are almost always filed in the garbage. If you wish to build up lasting business relationships, you must get out and invest some shoe leather and press the flesh. Be pleasant, confident, use a firm handshake, dress for success. Map out a plan of attack and a route of companies to be contacted. Keep a journal of names to contact, so that your second call you can ask for specific persons. If flyers are to be used, you be the one to place that flyer in your potential customers hand and you explain to him or her why you are the best choice to service their clients. Has worked for me, I am in Cali and just had my biggest month ever. Best of luck. JMHO's

Reply by Elizabeth_Sacramento/CA on 8/3/04 11:21am
Msg #5416

Re: Just my opinion

Dogmonger,
What county(ies) do you service?

Elizabeth

Reply by Dogmonger, CA on 8/3/04 4:10pm
Msg #5421

Just two

Fresno and Madera Counties

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.