Notary Rotary
philadelphia
Notary Discussion History

philadelphia
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by tameka on 8/25/04 10:25pm
Msg #6718

philadelphia

im waiting for my license to come back and Iam real excited but is it that much work out there

Reply by sue/pa on 8/25/04 10:35pm
Msg #6721

what license? do you mean your commission?

Philadelphia is absolutely swamped - hope you weren't snookered by the convention in June. if you are becoming a notary in order to become a wildly successful signing agent, I'm afraid you've wasted your money. work hard and call the NNA with any questions if they were the ones who steered you into this in an overly saturated area at a time when the industry has slowed down significantly. sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear

Reply by Jon/CA on 8/26/04 9:47pm
Msg #6780

Even in a swamped area there is still room for everyone who wants to works real hard and just give an excellent performence of the profession. The only thing is that is can be more difficult or take more time to get experience.
I would say, never give up before you start.
I wish you luck, and this tip: anyone who tells you that the area is swamped is just, and only just that: very angry and scared that he or she might lose jobs coz you are in their territory.

JUST GO FOR IT, AND LET THEM BE ANGRY WHILE THEY LOSE WORK. AN ESTABLISHED NOTARY WILL NOT BE SCARED COZ THEY HAVE THEIR TERRITORY SECURED A LONG TIME AGO.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/26/04 10:18pm
Msg #6787

Jon wrote:

"anyone who tells you that the area is swamped is just, and only just that: very angry and scared that he or she might lose jobs coz you are in their territory."

Not necessarily Jon. I do let new notaries know that my area is swamped - and it is. But I am not concerned that I will lose any of my companies to the new notaries. I have even passed work on to others in my area when I have been booked.

And I know Sue in PA has no cause for concern. She has built up her business over the years and I doubt her or anyone else who has established a reputation with the companies they have worked with over the years will lose any sleep worrying about "competition".

So, they are not necessarily angry or scared when they say the area is swamped. They are just "telling it like it is"

Reply by Jon/Ca on 8/26/04 10:38pm
Msg #6790

I just don't agree with the sentence: "you wasted your money" coz this is absolutelu untrue

Reply by Jon on 8/27/04 12:15am
Msg #6803

If the NNA was involved it probably is true. You waste your money everytime you give it to the NNA.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.