Notary Rotary
witness signing
Notary Discussion History

witness signing
Go Back to August, 2004 Index

Posted by jayflorida on 8/11/04 10:11pm
Msg #5960

witness signing

I am a newbee. I have a question in regards to witness signings in Florida. I have notarized a couple of refi and piggyback loans. I recently, encountered a home equity loan for the second time. I was under the impression that in the state of Florida, there is only need for one witness and that could be me. I called the company to confirm and they stated that Florida requires two witness, one of those witnesses could include me; however, they must be another. I read the law to mean two witness needed under special circumstances. Is that the law or is it a company policy?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/11/04 10:14pm
Msg #5961

Florida is not a witness state - unless it is a deed conveying property. However, you will never convince some companies about this!

Where in Florida are you?

Reply by Jayflorida on 8/12/04 6:56pm
Msg #5997

I am located in Hollywood Florida. I was almost 100% sure that that it wasn't a witness state; however, they said it was so I did as they asked. Thank you, for the information, I appreciate it.

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/12/04 7:10am
Msg #5973

Sylvia is so right, as usual. For some reason WaMu requires a 2nd witness on HELOCS signed here in Florida-who knows?

Where are you in Fl???

Reply by jayflorida on 8/13/04 7:19am
Msg #6011

I am located in Hollywood. Where in Florida are you from?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.