Notary Rotary
2nd trip
Notary Discussion History

2nd trip
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by SDgirl on 12/11/04 10:53am
Msg #13337

2nd trip

Question: I went to a signing on Tuesday about 50 miles from my home and it was a purchase with a 2nd. I got a call yesterday that I have to go back becuase the #'s on the HELOC were incorrect. Nothing wrong with my signing. I agreed to go back and received these docs via email. Do I charge my normal fee? Do I charge my email fee? The first set I picked up, but these were emailed because of the time demand. I am working directly for the title company. Any suggestions? THANKS for you help!!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/11/04 12:26pm
Msg #13342

You should ask the Title Company what they are willing to pay you for your time and travel to correct "their error". I would at least charge the travel fee. Figure it's 100 miles round trip [e-mail address] cents/mile = $37.50. Then you have to consider your "time and effort". So asking $50-$60 is reasonable. It's up to you if you want to charge the standard notarization fee for signatures on each of the docs also. You'll have to enter the info into your journal again (CA). Remember you can not back date the signing date. :-) You also need to consider your relationship with the Title company and how your cooperation will influence future business. Sometimes less is more. Good luck.

Reply by Oldbie_CA on 12/12/04 7:00pm
Msg #13386

This has happened to me numerous times and I charge them my normal fee. I have never had any complaints and it hasn't kept me from getting more assignments from the title co.

Hope this helps.

Reply by SDgirl on 12/12/04 11:27pm
Msg #13391

Thanks for your reply. I have another question... Only the 2nd had to be signed again, not the full package. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I drove 45 miles to do the signing again. Can you recommend what I should charge? Thanks again!

Reply by Oldbie_CA on 12/13/04 1:25am
Msg #13399

I would charge $150 if I was doing that signing.

Good luck SDgirl!

Reply by Serina/VT on 12/13/04 7:50am
Msg #13403

*****I would charge $150 if I was doing that signing. ****

That's it! I am moving to CA! I regularly travel 50 miles ONE WAY to a signing and the SS's refuse to pay more than $125.00.

Reply by SDgirl on 12/13/04 9:08am
Msg #13407

Thank you Oldbie for you advice :>

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.