Notary Rotary
Anonymous Posters
Notary Discussion History

Anonymous Posters
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 12/30/04 7:24am
Msg #14961

Anonymous Posters

By all means, remain anonymous if you wish, but could you please just attach a handle to your posts so that you can be followed without confusing the rest of us?

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/30/04 8:24am
Msg #14966

Now that is a good idea Brenda. BTW, the eggnog is right out of the carton. I dont drink.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/30/04 8:39am
Msg #14968

Man after my own heart, Lawrence. I know what you mean. My sister called the other morning and I told her I was drinking egg nog. She was rather concerned that I was drinking at 9 am..."NO! It's good ol's Borden's. Right out of the fridge."

That stuff is very good...too good...better than ice cream!

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/30/04 9:01am
Msg #14971

Rocky Road anyone? Does Borden make eggnog flavored icecream? I must admit that I have not seen it if they do.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/30/04 9:08am
Msg #14973

L asked: "Does Borden make eggnog flavored icecream?"

Not that I know of Lawrence, but they should.

Reply by CharlotteTX on 12/30/04 9:33am
Msg #14977

Well I don't know about that ice cream, but you put that eggnog in your coffee,uhmmm, that is sooooo good.

Reply by Dotti_CA on 12/30/04 2:04pm
Msg #15022

OK, pouring rain or not I'm ready to go shopping for egg-nog for my coffee. Never thought of it but it sounds yummy!!!!! I've also seen egg-nog ice cream but don't remember the brand. I try to stay away from it since I might as well just paste it to my hips.

Reply by kim/CA on 12/30/04 10:43am
Msg #14989

I don't know what Borden's is, but Dryers does make egg nog ice cream, along with peppermint sticks and gingerbread cookie, if your lucky enough to find it during the month of December.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/30/04 11:02am
Msg #14990

kim/CA opines:

***I don't know what Borden's is, but Dryers does make egg nog ice cream, along with peppermint sticks and gingerbread cookie, if your lucky enough to find it during the month of December.***

Borden's, Dreyer's and Breyers are all pale imitations of ice cream, egg nog or otherwise, compared to Blue Bell ice cream, "from the little creamery in Brenham." I understand that Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla was served for dessert at the Last Supper. those who are unfortunate enough to be located in an area where Blue Bell is not distributed should contact their congressman.

Also, one of the few things that Texas A&M University does that does not rate a knowing smirk from non-Aggies is to make ice cream. The delicacy is a product of one of A&M's hands-on agricultural programs. The fat content -- which is what makes ice cream yummy -- is so high the FDA is considering banning it altogether, or requiring a prescription before it can be purchased.

A&M historically has kept on campus a cow with a window in its stomach. The purpose is to expose ag students to the digestive processes of the animal. Doesn't seem to hurt the cow much. Leave it to the Aggies: Everybody else looks out a window to see what's going on in the world. Aggies look into a window to see bullshit being made.

Reply by kim/CA on 12/30/04 11:17am
Msg #14993

my sincerest apologies! With 3 kids in the house, nothing's safe, let alone good ice cream. I am more of a "wine lover" myself, and it has alot less calories than ice cream or egg nog, you know.

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/30/04 2:05pm
Msg #15023

Re: Aggies and their unusual pastime

Hugh,

As a response to your Aggie comment, you might be interested to know that the major hospital in the northern Detroit suburbs is Beaumont Hospital. It is named after William Beaumont who was a surgeon at the fort of Sault (pronounced "soo" for those not in the know) Saint Marie in the upper peninsula I believe around 1800. A soldier presented himself with a major wound to the stomach. The wound was open for some time and Dr. Beaumont was able to observe the various digestive processes, etc. And I suppose presented some major papers in this regard.

The major reason I am relating this to you is that I am sure you will be pleased to know that the Aggies have not broken new ground but are merely followers.

Reply by CharlotteTX on 12/30/04 9:35am
Msg #14979

Yea, like anonymous 1 & 2 or well maybe they'll get the message.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/30/04 9:39am
Msg #14980

Never tried it in my coffee, I'll do that in the morning, already drank todays pot.

Reply by kmnotary_CA on 12/30/04 10:12am
Msg #14984

Don't know the brand, I think it is Dryers, but they came up with an eggnog icecream-limited edition. Enjoy!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.