Notary Rotary
Closing Cost
Notary Discussion History

Closing Cost
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/29/04 1:57pm
Msg #14872

Closing Cost

Where it says closing cost on the HUD Settlement Statement to company. Is that what our fees is based on alone?

Reply by Jon on 12/29/04 2:09pm
Msg #14875

Our fees are based on what we are willing to accept. What is listed on the HUD or anywhere else doesn't concern me. If they are charging $2000 for the "closing" and I agreed to $100, so be it. Likewise, if they are charging $50 and I agreed to $200, so be it. Keep in mind that the "notary charge" is not always what they pay us, many companies pad the charge. Whether they are supposed to or not is a different issue. You decide what you want for doing a signing, if the co doesn't want to pay, you can negotiate or turn down the signing. It really is that simple, don't make it more difficult than you need to.

Reply by anonymous on 12/29/04 2:16pm
Msg #14878

So we don't have to worry if we're gonna make more than the company who gave us the assinment? Right?

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/29/04 2:22pm
Msg #14879

Trust me... it'll never happen...even if it looks that way. Part/some/all of 'our' fees can be tucked away under Courier cost... or possibly in some even more creative place. Don't get hung up over HUDs...just set YOUR fees and stick to 'em--you'll be happy you did!

Reply by Jon on 12/29/04 2:36pm
Msg #14883

Let me see if I can put this in perspective. If you see a TV that costs $300 on sale for $150, do you ask the retailer "Are you making any money?", of course not. If you think that the $150 is a good price, you buy it, if not, you don't. You are concerned about the deal you are getting, not the deal the retailer got.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.