Notary Rotary
Fax backs
Notary Discussion History

Fax backs
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 12/31/04 7:41am
Msg #15092

Fax backs

Some of the SS, and lenders, are fax back crazy.
They say "we need to insure it was done correctly"

I do the faxbacks as required. Since I have to take the package apart and want to insure I get the pages back where they belong, I use numbered sticky pads to number the pages. I make sure that the stcky pad covers (only partially) either my notary seal, my signature, or the borrowers signature. That way there is no way the fax can be used other than as a confirmation that it was noterized/signed.

Art

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/31/04 7:48am
Msg #15093

If some SS or title company wants a lot of pages faxed back, meaning I have to disassemble the package, they'll get it back in the order in which I put it back. I usually change the order of documents anyway, for presentation purposes, putting the important and most critical documents first (like the HUD, RTC, note, DOT/mortgage, TIL, 1st payment, escrow disclosure, etc.). That way, if there's a problem, we'll run into it sooner rather than wasting a lot of time with junk docs and other "formalities".

Reply by Mike/NJ on 12/31/04 8:46am
Msg #15095

We now charge for anything over 5 pages on Fax back service. ServiceLink has become fax back crazy, so I increased our rate and gave them our fax back fee..(goodbye ServiceLink- woo hoo)

I always state our fax back policy and need it listed in our confirmations.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/31/04 11:18am
Msg #15104

ServiceLink & Fax backs Query

I did my first SL last night and I am confused. I updated the status on the web. I don't see any docs I need to fax back, and I called just to check that I did not have to update them with a confirmation faxed back or anything further.

What fax backs am I missing?

Reply by Mike/NJ on 12/31/04 11:25am
Msg #15107

Re: ServiceLink & Fax backs Query

It depends which client is funding the loan. ie: Servicelink - Full Spectrum all loans need to be faxed back after signing and the package split and sent to 2 different places.

IMHO - not worth what Servicelink pays.

I have another title company do the same thing pays 4x's better and no fax back.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/31/04 11:27am
Msg #15108

Thanks, Mike. That helps.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/31/04 6:37pm
Msg #15136

I ditched ServiceLink about 3 months ago. They really were becoming a huge PITA with their signings. I think the last signing I did for them required 28 pages of faxbacks. They also had a new policy of calling me before every signing to explain things like "make sure the borrower signs his name exactly as it's printed". It was not worth their measly $65 fee cap and $15 edoc fee for all the hassle.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/31/04 9:48am
Msg #15098

PAW--Re: Fax backs

No complaints from not 'reassembling' the package??? Please reply as I sure would like to just stick the faxbacks on top & let them put it together again...not hard, just a pain.

Reply by Roger/OH on 12/31/04 10:05am
Msg #15099

Re: PAW--Re: Fax backs

I'm with Paul - I'm not about to try and figure out what sequence the docs were in after I have to disassemble them for faxing. Like Paul, I also don't present them in the order they're in.

Now, if they want to number their pages, I might be a bit more accommodating.

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/31/04 10:30am
Msg #15102

Lee,

Boy, I am with you as to just wanting to put the faxbacks on top. I think I have a bit of a modified approach; the stand alone documents I think I did put on top; other documents, say pages from the mortgage, I did put back in their rightful place.

Keep in mind that it was probably the ss that requested the fax backs whereas the docs are going back to a different entity, the lender or the title company.

Reply by Roger/Clarification on 12/31/04 11:19am
Msg #15105

Right Ted - I do that too with the Mortgage and other papers that obviously go together.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/31/04 1:02pm
Msg #15114

No complaints have ever been received. Of course, I do keep all the pages of documents, like the mortgage, together when only one or two pages need to be faxed back. Typically, if there are fax backs, it's the HUD, first and signature page of the note and mortgage. I am not paid enough to reassemble the package in some arbitrary order that the title company is going to pull apart anyway.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/31/04 4:15pm
Msg #15124

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL! You have just made next year a whole lot less frustrating and annoying!

Reply by anonymous on 1/2/05 1:36am
Msg #15202

I feel your pain! I have been a signing agent for 5 years. I just love the companies that do not ask you to fax back every notarized page in loan pkgs. plus many other pages that are not notarized, i.e. Notice of Right to Cancel, HUD-1, etc. I go ahead and remove the pages, fax them and then put them back in the original order. I put yellow post-it notes where I need to reinsert them and just mark them with abbreviations for the title of the doc. I gravitate toward working more and more with companies that don't require a huge number of pages faxed back and in some cases, only 1-2 pages. I have various theories why some companies want all those pages faxed back, number 1 is they can process the loan that much faster when they have the key pages; number 2 is that they want to make sure you notarized all pages and filled them in correctly. I am afraid you must comply with their request or just turn down their assignments. At times, I have been able to forego those steps pleading that I have no time (which has always been true) and they have accepted my explanation. I still get work from them. I have my favorites and my not so favorite companies to work with like most. I am grateful to have the work (a 2nd job) and have enjoyed the opportunity it has given me as a Notary to earn more and meet many of interesting people along the way!

Reply by BrendaKhan on 12/31/04 12:48pm
Msg #15112

I only do the important requested doc for fax backs.
For instance CP Signatures requests all notarized pages to be faxed back along with RTC and signature page of note. I fax back the RTC and signature page of note and my invoice. I make a note stating I do not fax back back every notarized doc, sorry. I have not had an verbal complaints and still get called from them. BK-FL

Reply by Lawbaby on 12/31/04 8:51pm
Msg #15142

I tell you what!.................U all have also helped me feel less frustrated, especially with FULL SPECTRUM. The faxback process for this lender co. is crazy! I know what I will be doing from now on thanks to all of you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Reply by Sandy Gilman on 1/2/05 3:52am
Msg #15205

Reply Fax backs

I have been closing for Service Link for over a year and they have really become a pain in
---------. If I can get the closed package to UPS to be delivered the next day, I do not fax anything. If I can not get the package overnihgt, I fax as few pages as possible and I do not place the doc's in any order.

In the past 6 months Service Link has lowered their fees. I will not accept closings if I have to travel more than 10 miles one way.
Have you noticed the closing fee on the HUD 1, it is usually $450. and the notary receives $50-60. SL also received all the other title charges.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/2/05 8:12am
Msg #15207

Re: Reply Fax backs

"Have you noticed the closing fee on the HUD 1, it is usually $450. "
Well, gee... they have to pay for all that fax paper they use.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.