Notary Rotary
FedEX vent
Notary Discussion History

FedEX vent
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 12/10/04 12:55pm
Msg #13251

FedEX vent

I sent out two packages last night using my credit card for FEDex shipments to mortgage companies. I went into the local office and they said that my tracking numbers aren't even there. I went to the drop off location and they told me that they need my Id to charge my card for the shipments. Did I miss a step here or is the area located on the airbill not for billing information whether it be credit card or whatever? Another question I have is should I set-up a fedex account for future shipments just in case?

Reply by Derrick/MT on 12/10/04 12:58pm
Msg #13252

Are these packages for loan signings that you are paying for? If so Why? You should never have to pay for loan docs to be shipped back.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/10/04 1:13pm
Msg #13254

I took a signing and I was advised that the company (mortgage co) does not have a fed ex number. We agreed that I would be reimbursed for the Fed ex fees along with the Edoc fee and the signing. After this fiasco, I am not taking any other assignments that do not have their own fedex account number.

Luckily, I have enough cash reserve to pay for these unexpected situations in my business.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 12/10/04 4:56pm
Msg #13271

No FedEx Account. Huh?

Makes me VERY SUSPICIOUS of ever getting paid.

If not the "company," the title company doesn't have a FedEx account?
If not the title company, the lender doesn't have a FedEx account?
If the lender/title company wants the documents shipped back, then they should have sufficient funds or credit available to pay for the shipping.

All it takes to get a FedEx account is a current credit card and answers to a few simple questions.

Any "company," title company, or lender that is not able to do this is not one I would work for.

Not to discourage, just hope you get Paid in Full.

Reply by scnotary on 12/10/04 1:16pm
Msg #13255

Wow noway would I trust a company with out a fedx number. Fedx gives out these numbers very very freely. You probably wnat see any money from this company.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/10/04 1:42pm
Msg #13256

I went through a ss so I will be holding the ss liable for any missed fees. I do plaintiff statements all day long for small claims, so I just can add this in if there is a problem.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/10/04 1:54pm
Msg #13257

scnotary predicts:

***Wow noway would I trust a company with out a fedx number. Fedx gives out these numbers very very freely. You probably wnat see any money from this company.***

The company has a FedEx number. They didn't trust the signing agent with it.

Reply by Terri - CA on 12/10/04 6:35pm
Msg #13276

That's when you put the borrowers information as the sender, put the recipient's name in receiver and mark it bill recipient. Then as signing agent, you're not on the hook for the cost of the FedEx package.

I have a FedEx account, I can even do airbills online, but I choose not to. I don't want to be billed if the receiver A) doesn't have an account and it's easier for FedEx to charge my account or B) the receiver is having payment problems with FedEx, so FedEx would bill me instead. Nope not going to do that either.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by Jon on 12/10/04 2:05pm
Msg #13259

If you are going to pay for FedEx with your CC, I would set up an account. I have one for emergencies and they charge my card directly. You can also set it up to debit your checking or savings account. Once you have the account setup, you won't have to put your CC # on the packing slip for all to see, just write your account # on it.

Reply by Roger/OH on 12/10/04 2:19pm
Msg #13260

You should never have to pay for a return FedEx. Put the destination mortgage company's
name as both receiver and sender; they'll get the bill.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/10/04 3:05pm
Msg #13262

wow, I didn't know you could do that. I will keep this string on my computer or future reference.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/10/04 3:15pm
Msg #13265

It's probably not an official Fed Ex policy, but if that's the only info they have they'll have no choice but to deliver it to the company and collect on their end.

Another good rule of thumb is to keep your name and address off of the return label as much as possible. Notaries have received bills from Fed Ex for title company billing problems, but if they don't know who sent it they can't bill you.

Reply by Jon on 12/10/04 3:29pm
Msg #13266

Also, if you do that, don't have them pick up from your home, use a drop box.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/10/04 7:21pm
Msg #13279

I just went in and set-up a Fedex account.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/11/04 12:12am
Msg #13321

Do you need it for other purposes than loan signings? If not, I'm curious as to why you ended up doing it after reading the responses in this thread.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/11/04 8:23am
Msg #13331

FWIW, I've had both FedEx and UPS accounts for years. I use online airbill preparations which puts my name and address as the sender. I also am very careful about ensuring that the recipient's or third party billing account number is correct. I have NEVER had a package billed to me that wasn't expected.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/10/04 9:41pm
Msg #13291

I would think that if you have the "company's" FedEx number given to you in a confirmation, email, or fax from the SS or whoever hired you - then you could use this as proof to FedEx that you, in fact, are not responsible for the payment.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/13/04 12:46pm
Msg #13438

I have other business that requires fedex of forms and documents. Being a notary is about the fourth thing that I do as a self-employed person. I will of course use the fecex mainly for my other business and if signing services want to use my services, they will of course need to provide their number.

My busy season starts up in January and I have a couple of 1099 that I have to get in the mail to people.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.