Notary Rotary
Fee Schedule
Notary Discussion History

Fee Schedule
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Lisa on 12/29/04 4:18pm
Msg #14893

Fee Schedule

anybody who lives in the state of Colorado that can give me an example of a fee schedule.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/30/04 1:35am
Msg #14954

You really have to 'do it yourself' as only you know your area/traffic/road conditions/average mph/etc./etc./etc. Do a search for Melissa Data... gives you all zip codes in however many counties you want to cover... then the fun really starts. Use a map site (Yahoo, MapQuest) to determine time/mileage to these areas... and DO THE MATH. It's a piece of work, but well-worth the effort. TIME is money... more so than mileage...tho' that is definitely a factor.

Reply by LisaA/CO on 12/30/04 9:35am
Msg #14978

As my SR mentor told me - You have to base your charge on what YOU need to make to so it works for you. Only you can decide how far you are will to travel for your set fee and still make a profit - just remember to factor in everything (gas, printing supplies, etc and don't forget your TIME).

Reply by Deb/CO on 12/30/04 1:14pm
Msg #15010

That would be me Smiley Yes, and it's still true.

Reply by Deb/CO on 12/30/04 1:35pm
Msg #15014

To add on, Lisa, because below you had a similar question, you really have to do the math on the whole thing.

Your quote of $65.00 for 75 miles is really very low IMHO. To break it all down, how much time does the driving alone take? The signing? The prep of the package before it's sent out (fax backs, etc.). Any and all conversations involved in the process of getting this signing done? Then add in all your expenses--phone, fax, internet, car, insurance, office supplies, etc. After all this is done, you might find that paultry fee is actually COSTING you to take the job.

Personally, I want to make money in my work and I expect to be making MORE than I was making 7 years ago when I started. I expect to make more each year, just as if I was working at a 'JOB'--they get raises each year--they have more experience than when they began--so do I. Being a business owner (and I am incorporated) I am responsible for making my business profitable. I have to give myself a raise (my clients won't volunteer it, no matter how dear to me they are), I have to decide what I will work for. I base my fees on what I need to make my business thrive, what I need to reinvest in my business, and what I need to run my life. If the gig doesn't pay what I need, the gig is turned down, period. I've broken my fees down basically by what I want to make per hour. And it ain't anything close to minimum wage Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.