First closing
Notary Discussion History

First closing
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by LOPEZ on 12/1/04 6:12pm
Msg #12471

First closing

Hi!! Everyone
Today I have a phone call from a company to do my first closing. But the closing time was to early for me and I trying to change the time but the company guy don't wait for me. So, I lost my change to do my first closing. I feel so bad but it's nothing that I can do. Does anyone ever have this experience before and what do you do?
Thank You..

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/1/04 7:05pm
Msg #12477

oh I feel your pain...I missed my first call because I was out to dinner with a dead cell phone. I called them the next day and apologized for missing their call and told them why. I said I'd hoped they'd call me again and they were very friendly about it and said we will! Another company called a few days later and I took the appt.
Hang in there and apply to as many companies on the 'company lists' here that you can. I don't have a premium membership but I do paste the names into my search bar and find them that way...
Good Luck!

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/2/04 12:43pm
Msg #12569

Charm,

I would strongly recommend at some point getting a premium membership. I think you will find it is worth it.

Reply by LOPEZ on 12/2/04 6:41pm
Msg #12609

Re: First closing ( Thank You !! )

Reply by LOPEZ on 12/2/04 6:44pm
Msg #12610

Re: First closing ( THANK YOU...)

Reply by Robin_IN on 12/1/04 10:05pm
Msg #12506

Hi Lopez,

It's happened to me too - I have missed calls and when I called the Signing Company back, they had "just assigned it"! I read somewhere that they will give you 10-15 minutes to respond back to them, then they call the next notary on the list. Hang in there - you will get more calls! It does seem like timing is everything in this business - you need to be available and ready to go for those last minute appointments.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/1/04 10:14pm
Msg #12511

Robin_IN cheeps:

***I read somewhere that they will give you 10-15 minutes to respond back to them, then they call the next notary on the list.***

In your dreams they will give you 10-15 minutes. If you have not worked with them before, they're dialing the next notary before the phone is in the cradle. If you are established with them, they often will wait a couple of hours just to get you, not someone they haven't worked with before.

I love the title companies and signing companies who try to demand that SAs not answer their cells while on one of their signings. Those seem to be the worst about not giving the SA any response time.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/2/04 8:46am
Msg #12549

Re: Missing calls

Hugh says "In your dreams they will give you 10-15 minutes. If you have not worked with them before, they're dialing the next notary before the phone is in the cradle. "

I have a couple of SS's that I sign for regularly. However, the first time each of them called, I was unable to take the call, for whatever reason, and they both left voice messages. I know that this is the exception and not the norm, but it does happen.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/2/04 9:34am
Msg #12554

CarolynCO recalls:

***I have a couple of SS's that I sign for regularly. However, the first time each of them called, I was unable to take the call, for whatever reason, and they both left voice messages. I know that this is the exception and not the norm, but it does happen.***

Certainly, most will leave a voice message. The problem is that though they have left a message, they don't wait for you to respond to the message: They continue to seek other signing agents for the assignment.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/2/04 1:04pm
Msg #12574

Hugh pointed out "that though they have left a message, they don't wait for you to respond to the message"

It took me a couple of hours to respond to both of these SSs because I was in the mountains and out of range. Maybe I was just lucky, but I got both signings and continue to sign for them. It might help, too, that I do request a one-day notice of signings -- I don't always get it, but that's what I prefer -- maybe in these cases, they give you longer to respond.

Reply by Nd_WA on 12/2/04 2:48pm
Msg #12583

I think some how most SS have a way of spotting new listing from a directory. I've missed many calls when I first started b/c I thought it would take awhile for someone to find me. My phone stop ringing after the first month. I then upgraded my membership to premier level and it has rung steadily.

I'm now a primary SA for two SS who keep me busy enough with 10-15 sigining/month combined. They send me an email confirmation, I get the doc the next day and I have between 24-48 hours to get the doc signed, no phone call Smiley.

If someone have found you from the directory and couldn't catch you this time, they will try again next time there is a signing in your area.

Hang in there

Reply by calipat/ca on 12/1/04 10:12pm
Msg #12510

I missed my very first one also. They called my house phone and did not call my cell phone. When I was checking my messages there was a message to call them back. It was 30-45 mins later, but they had already assigned it to another notary. So hang in there you will get calls. I now have call forwarding on my house phone, that way when I leave home no matter what number they call I will answer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.