Notary Rotary
Invoicing Software?
Notary Discussion History

Invoicing Software?
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Robin_IN on 12/9/04 11:33pm
Msg #13199

Invoicing Software?

I have been trying to find a very simple, easy to use software program to create invoices and am getting confused by all the different programs. I am using Invoice2Go on a trial 30 day period, but it is a bit pricey and was looking for ideas on what you all use? I have done a search on "invoicing" and "invoice software", but I am not coming up with anything. Suggestions?? Thank you!

Reply by Nd/WA on 12/10/04 3:28am
Msg #13203

From what I have read in previous posts, the most commonly used is Money, QuickBook and Excel.

Reply by Joan-OH on 12/10/04 6:29am
Msg #13206

I use MY DELUXE INVOICES & ESTIMATES" It lets me enter in customer information. Then I have modified it to show order number, Borrower last name, return tracking number. Line items include Signing fee, Mileage, Seals. In the message section I include my Vendor number, Title company/file number, Lender/Loan number, borrowers full name & signing location/property address and anything else that might be pertinent. Having the title & lender info is important in case a signing company doesn't pay I know who to contact.

When invoices are paid I mark them as such with check number. When I enter my deposits into MS money, in the comments section, I include Invoice number and Company name. It kinda cross references everything.

I did purchase MS Money for business thinking I would use their invoicing software, but it was too much for me. Some people swear by other programs. But, if you are already using the computer for your checkbooks (Money, Quickbooks, etc) this is a cheap program and does the trick. Mine was marked down to $20 from $39.

Joan-OH

Reply by Tony (FL) on 12/10/04 8:17am
Msg #13216

Re: Invoicing Software

It is very simple to construct your own invoices in Microsoft Word or any other word processing software program. Most of the signing services do not even require invoices as billing is automatic with your status call or fax as applicable. You will need to use an invoice with most title companies or lenders.

http://floridaloancloser.com

Reply by Julie-MI on 12/10/04 9:12am
Msg #13226

Re: Invoicing Software--I agree with Tony

Very few of companies require an invoice.

Some are monthly invoices (the majority); some are per job basis. I do not invoice if it is not required. Some companies get huffy if you do. I just use my own invoice and fill in the blanks.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/10/04 8:58am
Msg #13224

This question was posed to me recently by another notary in an email.

I have a very *complicated* procedure that I use. The check comes in and I mark it paid on my calendar.

Invoicing:
I invoice the companies using a form which I keep online.
(A public copy of it is located here if you want to try it just to make a quick invoice. The only information it will capture (pinky promise) is your name and your email address.
http://texnotary.com/tooltime/invoiceonline
You can print out the invoice and fax it. I personally generate a PDF of it using CutePDF maker which is free. You can find out more about that program at the link above...no info is kept if you just want to look at the page - only when you use the Invoice Online tool.

At the first of the month, I review the back months to ensure all payments have come in.

The online invoice maker which *I* use is at a different place. It captures the information I put in and a table of info is kept online for me.

I download it on occasion to check it against my list of payments which I also list online. This is kind of a beta test for me, so I also keep a book in my car which I make note of my deposits in before depositing them in the bank.

My system works for me. I created the invoice online tool in FrontPage and find it to be rather quick and useful. That way if my computer goes down, my invoice information is safely stored on a private folder on a server hosting my website.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/10/04 9:47am
Msg #13229

After each closing, I fax my own completition report to the closing company/title company that hired me. As part of that report, I note the fee arrangment and ask that the fee be remitted (see below). That normally serves fine as an invoice. On the rare occasions when I am asked to include an invoice in the return courier packet, I will include an actual invoice.

For virtually every closing, I do a report letter noting any issues that arose with the closing. That goes into the return packet for the title company, and I fax a copy to the signing service if the assignment has come through one. In the return packet I also include a promotional item -- pen, fridge magnet, pen knife key chain, etc.

F A X

FROM: Hugh Nations, Signing Agents of Austin. FAX (512)323-9153

TO: Melissa, XXXXXX Signing Service. FAX (714)919-3130

SUBJECT: XXXX XXXXXX et al., order #040190497; SAA file 04-149XXXXXXXXXX

DATE: Dec. 6, 2004

ATTACHED: __________

FEE: $135. Please remit.

Attachments: ___Closing confirmation ___Invoice ___Report letter ___HUD statement ___Deed (1st & signature pages) Other__________________________________________________________________

Courier _________ Mail date & time__________________ Delivery_______________ Tracking #____________________________________

XXXXXX...

Please note my report letter for a problem with this closing. Also, please enter into XXXXXXX’s records my new contact information in the letterhead.

Have a great week.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/10/04 9:30am
Msg #13228

I invoice each and every signing assignment with QuickBooks. That way I have a paper trail and an electronic tracking of all my assignments (invoices) and payments. It's easy then to see who hasn't paid and how long it's been. I always fax back a completion report and include my invoice. I'll attach "their" sheet if they want it. I usually work direct with title and escrow companies so this is the norm for me. Some of the SS'es I work with (a few) haven't had a problem with it either. And now, only one, ServiceLink, is on a monthly billing cycle, but I don't do too many for them anymore.

Reply by Dotti_CA on 12/11/04 12:24pm
Msg #13341

I also use QuickBooks. Lots of great reports available. Shows at a glance all outstanding invoices, dates due, days past due, etc. I generate an invoice for all signings for my purposes only and only actually fax or submit if requested.

Reply by Dogmonger,CA on 12/10/04 10:25am
Msg #13231

If you just want to create invoices for free

Reply by Dogmonger, CA on 12/10/04 10:26am
Msg #13232

Oopps try this link

http://www.wef.net/invoicesOL/

Reply by Robin_IN on 12/10/04 10:16pm
Msg #13293

Thank you, everyone, for all your great information. I appreciate the input! Smiley

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/11/04 10:26am
Msg #13336

Robin
I use NotaryTracer software. you can view an online demo at www.notarytracker.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.