Notary Discussion History

Is it slow for anyone else?
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by joyce/CA on 12/7/04 10:04am
Msg #12883

Is it slow for anyone else?

Reply by Joan-OH on 12/7/04 10:09am
Msg #12884

Yes, it is especially slow for me. I do a lot of purchases, and have only had one so far in December. I figure it is the Holidays so it is going to be slow until the Helocs start up in February. My DH & I usually go on a cruise the first week of December, but decided to do it the first week of March instead this year since by then we will REALLY be sick of the snow & cold and would appreciate the tropical breezes much more. He was off last week and I only had 3 signings. All week I could only think, OH, WE SHOULD HAVE WENT ANYWAYS! Not like I was missing work.

Joan-OH

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/7/04 10:12am
Msg #12886

Things have been busier for me for appointments made in advance lately. I have been a little surprised.

Reply by Carolanne_PA on 12/7/04 11:18am
Msg #12888

Signings here have slowed down a little. But I've been busy with other types of work such as banks and time shares.

Reply by BrendaKhan-FL on 12/7/04 5:24pm
Msg #12909

This is my first end of the year/Holiday Season doing this business, and it has slowed down for me. The few signings I have been doing are being scheduled days in advance, which from my past experience is highly unusual!
I can only assume that is will pick up again in late January, early February when all the credit cards bills start hitting from all this Holiday shopping and people start refing to catch up again! Have to wait and see what happens.
It has given me some time to finish all my Holiday shopping and be available for any last minute signings! Happy Holidays to All! BK-FL

Reply by calipat/ca on 12/7/04 6:30pm
Msg #12923

It started off okay, but now it has slowed down. I have had 6 signings in just as many days of December. I only worked 2 days for those 6. I am leaving for 2 weeks on the 19th so I hope I don't miss out on anything, but if I do o well spending time with family is alot more important. I now am finding time to shop and also I volunteer at my son's elementary school (even though my son is in high school now) lol. It's fun to volunteer while I wait for someone to call. I devote one day a week to marketing and I am getting alot more done in that area also. Hopefully I will get a couple of more signings before I leave if not, then I hope the new year brings alot more for myself and for my fellow notaries!

Reply by Dotti_CA on 12/8/04 12:09am
Msg #12966

It definitely has to do with where you are located. Dec 1-5 were quiet then things got busy yesterday. Last December was very busy but I'm in a rural area and there are only a few of us. So far, plenty of work to go around. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the month goes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.