Notary Rotary
JUST PLAIN WRONG
Notary Discussion History

JUST PLAIN WRONG
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by NY Notary on 12/19/04 9:54am
Msg #14092

JUST PLAIN WRONG

It is so dangerous when people who claim to be the last word in the signing business give out false information. The "advice" listed borders on UPL.
Word of caution. You ALWAYS follow the lender's instructions. If they don't have pre-printed lines or the instructions tell you to have the borrowers initial; DON'T take it upon yourself to make that decision.

From a certain newsletter:

Dear Victoria: I am just a little confused about something. I realize some deeds have a line on the bottom of every page where the borrower(s) are suppose to initial. Some deeds have them, but some do not. Do I still have them initial every page when there is no line to initial on?

Dear Subscriber: Yes. In fact, I sometimes draw the line (by hand) at the bottom of every page the borrower should initial. This helps me to remember to have them initial the pertinent pages during the closing. And don’t forget to have them initial the BACK of the Deed pages also that contain any wording.

Reply by HARRY M RUBEN on 12/19/04 11:18am
Msg #14094

victoria ring is not considered by many to be the last word in signing. when in doubt check with the lendeer.

Reply by Roger/OH on 12/19/04 1:08pm
Msg #14099

Be very wary of that site...

Any advice from Victoria Ring's site should be taken not with a grain, but a truckload of salt,
as she has published many misleading or downright wrong statements in the past. She's taken a page from NNA and now advertising herself as a "non-profit business". Beware!

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/19/04 3:20pm
Msg #14104

Re: Be very wary of that site...

Said Roger/OH: "She's taken a page from NNA and now advertising herself as a "non-profit business". "

I DON'T KNOW, and thus not stating this is so...but it's possible that Victoria Ring has converted her business into a non-profit by seeking recognition as such by the IRS. AND, I DO NOT purport to be an expert in these matters.

Certain types of businesses can incorporate and seek non-profit recognition by the IRS. It's IRS's call on what they allow to be a non-profit.

In that case, it would stand to reason that employees of the said businesses could do that and earn a salary just like United Way, or Chambers of Commerce, pay salaries within the body of the corporate entity. AGAIN, I don't know that she is, or is not, doing that.

Whether or not others agree with the nature of the corporation's non-profit status does not really matter, as long as the IRS does.

DISCLAIMER: And, before I post this, let me again state I don't know what V Ring has, or has not, done along these lines -- just shedding a little light on how businesses can LEGITIMATELY call themselves a non-profit.

Reply by Lorraine2/FL on 12/19/04 6:17pm
Msg #14122

Re: Non-profit

I've gotten two mailing for VR, one for joining 50 States and most recently a renewal notice. Both mailings had Christian brochures enclosed, so perhaps she considers it missionary work -isn't their a tax exempt status for religous entities?

Reply by Happy in Fl on 12/19/04 6:38pm
Msg #14124

No one told me- but since Day One when I go to a Signing-- As I hand the Document to the Borrowers- I ask they initial the bottom of each sheet that does not require their signature, just to let everyone in the world "Know" -(who is interested) that each particular Document was passed before them, and they saw it.. (no Borrower to date, has objected)

Is it a requirement..? No- Not that I know of anyway.(Only one Signing Company requested it)

Has anyone complained about it? No- not yet.

However "No One" can ever say -" the Notary did not show us -such and such Document.

Works for me--until I"m told otherwise..

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/19/04 7:30pm
Msg #14128

Christian brochures? Are you serious? How horrifically unprofessional.

I'm an atheist and if any notary company tried to force their Christian views on me it would ensure that I never did business with them again. I don't begrudge anybody their religious beliefs, but it should never be something I have to deal with while I'm working.

I don't know Victoria Ring at all, but my gut tells me that she's exploting the Christian religion just to get tax exempt status for her business. Throw a few brochures in with the mailings and voila, missionary work and tax exemption. If that's the case I'm sure the IRS will figure it out eventually and she'll be lucky to avoid jail time for tax evasion.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 12/19/04 8:16pm
Msg #14132

Wow, my husband is a minister and we have a non-profit organization. We pass out free food and clothes to homeless and less fortunate people. I did not know that I could do that, something for me to think about.
Thought about it, won't happen.
We don't force our religious beliefs on anyone that doesn't want it and I have never seen anyone snatch a blanket out of my hand and slap me on my face for saying "God bless you".
Victoria Ring should be ashamed of herself if she is doing that. I have never bought any of her material but she does not seem to have a good reputation with about 50% of the notaries I have seen in here.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/19/04 10:17pm
Msg #14136

Said Lorraine2/FL: 'I've gotten two mailing for VR, one for joining 50 States and most recently a renewal notice. Both mailings had Christian brochures enclosed, so perhaps she considers it missionary work -isn't their a tax exempt status for religous entities?"

First of all, this is NOT directed at you, Lorraine!

This is just an injection into the thread because assumptions may have come about as a result of my earlier post about Non-profit status...

And, as a wise notary once said: "This is how notary signing agent legends are born."

What we DO know: YES!!! V Ring does send out Christian brochures with her mailings for purchases from her website - I can attest to this also.

What we DO know: Non-profit is stated on her website.

What we DO NOT know: If she is getting her Non-profit status from a religious entity status.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/20/04 8:36am
Msg #14150

Re: Non-profit - or otherwise - No Listings found

I have **not** found any reference to "Victoria Ring" nor "50StateNotary" in the Ohio SOS corporate listings on line. (http://serform2.sos.state.oh.us/servlet/page?_pageid=56,62&_dad=porthope&_schema=PORTHOPE)

I have searched by business name and agent name and have not found anything.

Am I missing something?

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/20/04 9:24am
Msg #14158

Re: Non-profit - or otherwise - No Listings found

Queried PAW: "Am I missing something?"

Hugh, take a chill pill and calm down...this is only a short repeat: From my end, as a stated previously--

"I DON'T KNOW, and thus not stating this is so...but it's possible that Victoria Ring has converted her business into a non-profit by seeking recognition as such by the IRS. AND, I DO NOT purport to be an expert in these matters."

Wherein *possible* is the operative word here --from my perspective, as well as to the words preceding my capricious "purporting," or the lack thereof. Smiley

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/19/04 6:58pm
Msg #14125

>>> victoria ring is not considered by many to be the last word in signing <<<

Personally, I don't consider her to be the first or last word in signing. Too much of the information she spews is false are misleading.

Reply by Happy in Fl on 12/20/04 1:29am
Msg #14143

Calinotary said "I'm an Atheist"--

You may say so--but the truth is written- "..it is put within the heart of man to know there is a God".. also states "he is a fool who says there is no God".. Now, I didn't say that, the Bible did!! Regardless- one day you will know for sure.

I choose to accept Victoria Rings input both 'Notary Info' and the 'enzimes..' Right all the time? Who can say "THEY are always Right ?" I'm not.. but everyday I'm trying to improve and learn...I'm leery of people who think they have arrived.. You take what you want- discard what you don"t. Thats life as it goes on. Happy Christmas to one and all.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/20/04 2:57am
Msg #14145

Hate to break it to you sweetie, but the bible was written by man. A man also wrote "Lord of the Rings" but I don't accept that as absolute truth either. So please spare me the righteous bullshit.

Reply by Happy in Fl on 12/20/04 6:20am
Msg #14146

Re: JUST PLAIN Right!

Written over a a 4000 year period, by Holy Men inspired by God...

You can choose to believe and accept or reject any of of it, but one day "Everyone" will give account of their life....Me as well!

We will stand alone- before HIM--and at that time HE will be your JUDGE or your Savior.

He doesn't want to be that Judge--AND thats why we have Christmas..!

You Choose--while you live, you have that option.

Remember the Reason for the Season.. Happy Holidays!!

Reply by Loretta Reed on 12/20/04 7:18am
Msg #14148

I don't want to see this site become a political or religious site. I have to hear "there is no God crap" in public schools and then have to encourage my children when they come home every day that what we teach is correct.
That is also why we celebrate Christmas. There is no other reason except for the birth of the Christ child.
Happy in FL, I know you want to do what is right, but let's not do it here. It just makes my heart hurt to hear people that are so lost and lonely that were made when a monkey evolved or some other weird excuse.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 12/20/04 7:20am
Msg #14149

Re: JUST PLAIN Right!...one more thing...

V Ring can choose to put what she wants with her material, if you don't like it, delete her email. I find it encouraging sometimes but then I remember that she can be wrong alot.
When you point a finger at her, we point 4 back at ourselves.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/20/04 8:51am
Msg #14153

Roses are red,
Violets are bluish,
If it weren't for Christmas,
You all would be Jewish.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 12/20/04 9:53am
Msg #14163

Re: JUST PLAIN Right!...If V Ring is really non profit....

If she reallllly is non profit and we don't know that for a fact and she is showing a profit with her books or signings, she is going to prison...period...end of story. She better be donating every penny she is making to her "ministry" and that does not mean "business".

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/20/04 10:01am
Msg #14164

Re: JUST PLAIN Right!...If V Ring is really non profit....

One thing about it, VR's getting a lot of views on her website as a result of this thread! If only my new website could get so much discussion -- I'd be singing in "Heaven."

(PAW: That was a good one on the verse. You must be a real holiday Fungi !! Smiley )

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/20/04 10:04am
Msg #14165

Ooops...

Oops... I said: " I'd be singing in "Heaven." Seriously...I reworded myself several times and meant to state after all of that in "SIGNING Heaven."

SINGing Agent - SIGNing Agent. Who cares...Let's just be happy today!

Smiley

Reply by kmnotary_CA on 12/21/04 1:35am
Msg #14222

Cute, nice icebreaker!!!!

Reply by HisHughness on 12/20/04 10:29am
Msg #14169

Loretta expostulated:

***I don't want to see this site become a political or religious site. I have to hear "there is no God crap" in public schools and then have to encourage my children when they come home every day that what we teach is correct...Happy in FL, I know you want to do what is right, but let's not do it here. It just makes my heart hurt to hear people that are so lost and lonely that were made when a monkey evolved or some other weird excuse. ***

Though I deplore the mindset that would force my grandchildren to face religious propaganda in a publicly supported school, characterizes anyone who does not accept a particular set of faith-based beliefs as "lost and lonely," and dismisses evolution, I do agree with Loretta on one thing. We should steer clear of religion on this site. I hope that all of you who gratuitously drop in references to your faith in God -- and prayer -- will remember that.

Religion should have no place here, just as it should not in public schools. Please, let's confine our off-topic hot-topic comments to exploring the possibility that one day Republicans will actually evolve into human beings.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/20/04 10:47am
Msg #14171

Said Hugh: "We should steer clear of religion on this site..... Republicans will actually evolve into human beings."

Ok...I am good with that. Now, you just cut the politics, Mister, and we should be A-OK.

Insider Trading Tip: Without subjective assessments on politics, personalities, and religion, this forum will be so Arid Extra Dry and boring that there will be a run on Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion. [Everyone! Quick go buy Vaseline (whatever) stock--notaries are going to be purchasing it by the case all over America!]

If I were the type to say it, I'd say: "Lighten up folks."

But, I am not. I am a very, very serious person. I would never say such a thing. In fact, I now must do my daily chant of selections from ancient and scholarly texts -- "volumes of forgotten lore" ...until I am so depressed that Edgar A. Poe seems like a comedian.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 12/20/04 11:04am
Msg #14175

Upon First Glance It Seems A Fair Trade...

...would be if the Hugh Nations' of the message board world lay off their continued unprovoked (dare I say LOSING?) jabs at Republicans while those of us who count Jesus as our Savior would keep the proselytizing to ourselves. However our country's political & judicial systems were founded on Judeo-Christian principles & can't be extracted no matter how many Unitarians stand on the head of a pin. The real "propaganda" which has been allowed to flourish in our public schools to our overall detriment is that Darwin was right & everyone who holds creation to be self evident is wrong. If the liberal, left wing establishment truly believed in "choice" in any other area than abortion (and they don't really believe in true "choice" when it comes to abortion either...only unfettered, uninformed access) then they'd welcome a contrasting opinion on the THEORY of evolution. Since that'll NEVER happen, let the witnessing begin!

BTW, Hugh. What do you call 10,000 disaffected Americans running for the Canadian border?

A GREAT START!

Reply by HisHughness on 12/20/04 11:19am
Msg #14176

Re: Upon First Glance It Seems A Fair Trade...

Dennis said...aw, never mind. Suffice it to say that I guess we'll have to give up our aspiration that Republicans will one day evolve into human beings.

It's great to have you back, Dennis.

As an aside, it's a bit unlikely that this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles (I am proud to share a Unitarian heritage with Thomas Jefferson; remember him?). The term wasn't even invented until World War II. Its use was a conscious effort to build unity with and sympathy for the embattled Jews of Europe. Now, if we can just do something similar with "our Democratic Liberal principles," we would all be so much better off.

Now, can we all get back to bashing Victoria Ring?

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 12/20/04 12:01pm
Msg #14178

BTW, Hugh...

...first century followers of Christ weren't called "Christians" either. That doesn't make Paul any less of a disciple in his time simply because our modern day language has "evolved" (shame on me for using such a blasphemous word!). Judeo-Christian principles were indeed utilized to establish our government no matter what they were labeled back then & contrary to how liberals want to disavow their existence today.

You may now bash away at Victoria Ring. Smiley

Reply by Happy in Fl on 1/2/05 3:41am
Msg #15204

After thought--Sorry but..

Dennis Broodbooks stated ".....first century followers of Christ weren't called "Christians" either......". Thats not exactly correct Dennis--

Acts 11:26 says ".......And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/20/04 12:51pm
Msg #14179

Yeah, whatever, you holy rolling freak. Too bad your lord didn't teach you about proper capitalization or proper use of quotation marks. You have your beliefs, I have mine. Unlike you, I have enough respect for the views of other people not to try to force mine upon them.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/20/04 1:14pm
Msg #14181

CaliNotary exploded:

***Yeah, whatever, you holy rolling freak. Too bad your lord didn't teach you about proper capitalization or proper use of quotation marks. You have your beliefs, I have mine. Unlike you, I have enough respect for the views of other people not to try to force mine upon them.***

No more religion, please. Anybody tempted to reply to this post by Cal, remember that he's got the right to reply to YOUR post -- and I suspect will, maybe even with more intemperance than he shows here. Let's just focus on the more important things, like whether Republicans indeed legitimately can claim direct descendancy from Vlad the Impaler.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/20/04 1:27pm
Msg #14183

I heard Gwen Stefani's marriage is on the rocks. That seems important enough to discuss as well!

Reply by kmnotary_CA on 12/21/04 1:42am
Msg #14223

Vlad the Impaler-
Now that was quite a character. Been to Romania lately Hugh?

Reply by Ali-IL on 12/21/04 11:51am
Msg #14247

Talking about capilization. Lord with capital L.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.