Notary Rotary
Looking for good, credible SS
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Cheri Poff on 12/7/04 5:16pm
Msg #12904

Please let me know if you have anyone that you really enjoy working with. I'm new to Notary Signing & want to be sure I get connected with CREDIBLE companies

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/7/04 5:22pm
Msg #12906

Generally, you're not going to find a bunch of people randomly throwing good company names at you on this board. While you may not be in the same area I am, there might be people reading this board who ARE in the same area as I am, so why would I create more competition for myself?

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/7/04 5:22pm
Msg #12907

Cheri,

I would look into mortgagedocs. They have a very good reputation. It is a good company to start with. I have done a number for them. They all have been overnight HELOC's for Washington Mutual. The pay is only fifty bucks, but the packages are not large and very clean. Nice people to work with. They have an on-line system called Signstat, which is sort of fun.

I would do a search and read what else has been written about them.

Where are you located, by the way?

Reply by mike/ca on 12/7/04 5:53pm
Msg #12919

hey i would like to have a list like that also hahaha!

Reply by cpoff_CA on 12/7/04 6:39pm
Msg #12926

Nothern CA, San Jose area

Reply by cpoff_CA on 12/7/04 6:40pm
Msg #12927

Thanks TED!

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/7/04 7:25pm
Msg #12936

Another thing you should do is check out the list of signing services on notaryrotary; just click on the link up above. There are rankings of the companies, which should give you a good idea of which ones to concentrate on. I guess it is easier if one is a premium member. I am and I would recommend it.

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 12/7/04 6:49pm
Msg #12930

Hi Cheri:

I am located in Benicia - not far from you.

As far as credible Signing Companies......my favorite has been Integrated Loan Services (www.ils.com). They are located on the east coast, but have always provided me with alot of signing assignments.

Although they are generally a $50.00 company, after working with them & proving myself, I was able to request my fee be increased.
Because of my experience with them, they were ok with renegotiating my fees. I currently take on signings from them; we have a very good relationship.
Quite frankly, I value working with Integrated Loan services.

Stephanie

Reply by cpoff_CA on 12/7/04 7:04pm
Msg #12931

Thanks Stephanie!

Reply by ILS.... on 12/7/04 10:52pm
Msg #12956

Is a TITLE COMPANY paying Signing Service Fees! This is what is now becoming the NORM in this business! A Title/Escrow Company & Lenders should be paying us $100+ for overnight docs & extra for e-docs since there is NO SS MIDDLE MAN! But, many of these Companies are now KEEPING the difference that they used to pay the SS, then hire us direct & pay the lower SS fees! Think Service Link, Trans Union, ATM, NREIS, GAC, First American Title, Land America, Lenders First Choice/CA, etc. Very sad!

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 12/8/04 6:17pm
Msg #13046

ILS meets my fee, so I don't see a problem with that...why should I???
I'm quite sure ILS is on someone's "No-No" list..it just goes to show you that one SA's "No-No" list may contain another SA's "Pot of Gold".

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/8/04 9:02pm
Msg #13061

Would you rather work for a SS that does not pay you?

Reply by Jennifer on 12/8/04 2:56pm
Msg #13026

Hi everyone, I am in CA. I am thinking about becoming a Notary Public. What is the income potential and do you all enjoy what you do? ANY information would be helpful.

Thank you!

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/7/04 11:29pm
Msg #12962

Cheri,
As a newbie, you need to sign up with every SS you come across. Then you need to read every thread/post and begin making notes and red flagging SS's that are regularly talked about negatively. Do a search of no-no lists, HOWEVER, remember that just because a SS is listed on a list, doesn't necessarily mean you should automatically turn down a signing. A SS on one no-no list can be another person's yes company.

Also note that there is a difference between NO PAY and SLOW PAY. Make it a rule to not accept additional signings from a SS without being first being paid for the ONE outstanding signing through them.

Reply by Cheri_Norcal on 12/8/04 11:37am
Msg #13001

Thanks Carolyn! Will do. Seriously considering a company called MortgageDocs.com. Hear anything about them?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.