Notary Rotary
Memberships
Notary Discussion History

Memberships
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by kcnotary_KS on 12/10/04 1:30am
Msg #13201

Memberships

Just been appointed (woot...woot!). I suppose my next step is marketing. There appear to be quite a few companies offering memberships, such as NotaryRotary, 50 StateNotary, NNA...etc., each asking about $50+ membership fee. Those of you out there who are seasoned and those newly establised, which companies would you say be the top 5 most worthwhile? Seasoned SS...any other words of wisdom for a newbie?

Reply by Happy in Fl on 12/10/04 3:01am
Msg #13202

Welcome to the Clan.

IMHO for starters a Premier Membership in Notary Rotary is what I did. You can then add your marketing information on there- your fees etc.- follow the prompts and they will help you get thru it... You can even have your Picture added should you chose ..

Go slow- you can spend quite a chunk of change signing up with organizations- even Signing Services may want to charge you just to get work, I personally will not Pay a S/S for the opportunity to work, regardless of how much they say they will Pay! Not many- but some do that. Be Cautious! (Just turned one down this morning- before opening this page.)

Notary Rotary has a List (Click S/S Tab above) and register with as many of the companies and Title Companies as you can--Suggest abt. 300 for starters-and use you Local Yellow Pages and contact Title Companies- and send them your Resume etc.

Then follow "His Hughness" many Posts on this Forum for Newbies-- Maybe when he reads your Post- he'd be kind enough to Post it again--(depends on his mood this A.M.) but it is a "Classic.". It's Friday- and TGIF- so maybe you"ll get Lucky!

I Wish you the Best on your New Adventure!

Reply by Nd/WA on 12/10/04 3:48am
Msg #13205

I'm listed on NotRot, GMN, 123Notary, 50State, and another one I can't remember. Over 80% of my signings (avg 15/mo) came from NotRot, the other 20% is either from 123Notary(many general notary call) and SS (<50 of them) I signed up with.

Welcome to the notaryhood and good luck.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/10/04 8:09am
Msg #13211

Advice for new notaries

Above the menu of posts, click the "First" button. Go all the way to the very first post in June 2003, "Welcome to the General Discussion Forum." Read all the way to the last post today. You will find your answer many times over in the intervening messages, along with far better information about being a signing agent than you’ll ever get from any certification course.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.