Notary Rotary
My Ugly Website Got Me Found!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 12/21/04 12:25pm
Msg #14251

I just got off the phone with a Houston title company that's going to give me work directly.

I asked them how they found me. HOOOORAY!!! Seems this guy used a search engine ... and found my website. He actually used my mileage calculator for Texas to know how far away I was...also, read some of my links, and called me.

I laughed and said "On my unprofessional looking ugly website?? He laughed and said "Yes...but I won't say it's ugly. Too much Christmas cheer for today."

We had a discussion on fees and worked that out, and they even offered to send me a check with the package.

No way I am talking about who or what on here. I have had a few signing services snatched away from me recently because they have undercut me with $50 fees.

Perseverance in my using my off-time to do the things to make my website get "found" has finally paid off.

A small "Aggie Whoop!" Now, excuse...I have to go do a happy dance.

Reply by kmnotary_CA on 12/21/04 12:55pm
Msg #14253

Brenda,
Way to go!!!!! Just goes to show the websites can and do work if we market them. And after all the work you put in for others, it's good to see it paid off for you.

happy Holidays.
Kathy

Reply by Della Elswood on 12/21/04 12:57pm
Msg #14254

That's Great Brenda!!!!!
I'm Hearing the footsteps from the happy dance all the way here.
Perseverance is the word of the day,you have renewed my spirit and thought
to just hang in there.
Della

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/21/04 1:29pm
Msg #14255

Thanks, Della and Kathy.

I am pretty happy with the results of FINALLY get found just by a search engine hit.

The thing about helping others (Provided it's not your competition next door!!) is that referrals come back...and, especially with website reciprocal linking. (If anyone has given me a link and you have not received one from me, let me know.)

I have recently set up a website for notaries who do non-loan work. The listing will provide you with a link BACK to your site which will help your website get found on the search engines, once my little site gets indexed. I have done the work required to get that started. It takes about a month.

If you do NON-LOAN affidavit work for litigation support and lawyers (i.e, medical record custodians), you can get a free listing, but you have to state your price for going within a 10 mile radius because that's what I found the end user wants to see. For AZ notaries, I am allowing them to put "state mandated fees" since I found out yesterday how it is for them.

I am not only helping others, I am helping myself as well...What do I get back in return?
(1) A site that will be used as much as my notary search site...thus, my site is bookmarked and remembered. (2) A site that has my TexNotary links sprinkled throughout - thus better search engine recognition results for my notary loan signing site. (3) A site that will be viable for lawyers and litigation support firms to use regularly, thus find "me," as well as others.

*This* site -- NotaryRotary.com -- is far better for getting noticed in our industry. (But a free weblink is a free weblink! So, you might want to take the time to submit your info at the free site I have-- Use my profile handle to find the link you can use to get to the free listing. It's in my description area.)

BTW - I am entering these by hand and trying to get them up within 24-48 hours. It's kind of a first come/first serve thing.

The listings are indexed in order by Base State/Base County/Base City - but using submission date/time to determine order after that. In the future, I may set a limit on say, for instance, 5 notaries per county. I just haven't decided. It's not to exclude notaries, but to make sure I can keep up with the entries.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.