Notary Rotary
NOTARIES WANTED - FLORIDA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by SIGNINGZ.COM on 12/9/04 8:38pm
Msg #13166

New accounts coming in, we need notaries thru out Florida including notaries willing to travel to isolated areas. Please email us with information to contact you, name, at least 2 numbers, email, and mail address send to [e-mail address] or visit our website at orderz.com

We are a great company to work for.

WE PAY WITH IN 48 HOURS OF COMPLETION

See what others are saying about us

Reply by SIGNINGZ on 12/9/04 8:51pm
Msg #13169

CORRECTION WEBSITE IS SIGNINGZ.COM

Reply by Tony (FL) on 12/10/04 8:21am
Msg #13217

What is your fee structure??

Reply by Sue/AZ on 12/10/04 8:41am
Msg #13223

Reply by PK on 12/10/04 11:03am
Msg #13235

THAT IS INCORRECT - our fee structue is flexible and based on volume and pricing.

PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE FOR US.

IT IS UNNECESSARY and since you are wrong, it is MISLEADING.

Thanks!

Reply by HisHughness on 12/10/04 11:38am
Msg #13242

PK protests:

***THAT IS INCORRECT - our fee structue is flexible and based on volume and pricing.

PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE FOR US.

IT IS UNNECESSARY and since you are wrong, it is MISLEADING.***

"our fee structure is flexible and based on volume and pricing." TRANSLATION: Our fee structure is based on how naive the signing agent is. It is also based on whether we actually have any closings to offer signing agents where we haven't set our rates so low that we've peed our own bed, and the price of the boat we are planning to buy out of our profits from $50 closings.

"PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE FOR US." TRANSLATION: The word will get out soon enough on our below-market fees, so please don't screw it up for us while we still have a chance of making a killing.

"IT IS UNNECESSARY and since you are wrong, it is MISLEADING." TRANSLATION: Those who have been starved by our pricing practices will be heard soon enough. Besides, you are not correct: Sometimes we pay less than $50, if we can find a virgin.

RARE DISCLAIMER FROM HISHUGHNESS: I've never worked for this signing company. I don't know them or their principals -- or their principles, either, for that matter. They may be the salt of the earth and the icing on every signing agent's cake. If so, and if those signing agents who have worked for them call my hand on it, I'll certainly apologize; I'll even do a closing or two free if this company has any in my area. However...the companies for which I have developed the highest regard are those which up front tell you what their fee structure is, rather than holding that card close to their vest so they can grind an agent's fee as low as possible.

Reply by PK on 12/10/04 3:12pm
Msg #13263

I am afarid you too, Hugh, are mistaken. But thanks for the classy remarks!

We don't practrice deception, Hugh. Watch and learn.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/10/04 7:56pm
Msg #13282

Paul K called me about my earlier post regarding his signing service. He was surprisingly gentle, considering the skewering I had given him. His points were that 1) His company is not deceptive in dealing with signing agents; 2) The signing agents make more from each closing than his company does; and 3) His company has no base fee; each fee is negotiated individually.

I did not make the charge included in 1) above. I don't know the practices of other signing services regarding to fee division, but if Paul's claim in 2) is correct and it is an anomaly in the industry, he deserves commendation. With respect to 3), my experience is that the better companies have a fairly firm fee schedule and don't object to letting it be known. Paul is adamant that he will not do that, and as a businessman, that is his prerogative.

Bobbi of CT has now posted a positive report about the company. She is a regular and valued contributor to this and other forums. I trust her experience. I also trust my instincts. My instincts tell me that "individual negotiations" with this company are going to start at $50. My instincts also told me I was going for the cheap chuckle in my earlier posting, and I didn't really know that the company deserved the roasting I was going to give it. I probably should have followed my instincts.

Mea culpa.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.