Notary Rotary
New Years resolution....
Notary Discussion History

New Years resolution....
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Loretta Reed on 12/31/04 5:44pm
Msg #15129

New Years resolution....

I have been very easy on companies that hire me to do signings. I would let them email or fax docs to me the very last minute or even drive 20 miles to a kinkos to get a package that should have been overnighted. I had a signing last night the was email docs. When I went to kinkos to get it, it was 130 pages. This was just a refinance and I had to get borrowers copies made too. For $125, not anymore. Effective tomorrow, Jan 1, my fee will be $140 at a minimum. I should have went up a long time ago. I have read some posts where people were already charging $50 for email docs.
If they want quality and professionalism, they will be paying for it.
To all of you $50 notaries, good luck.....I hope that you don't starve. Please continue to make your mistakes, I will continue to profit by first cleaning up your mess and then getting the clients that you are making the mistakes with.
I am also going to hire someone to do marketing for me and take care of my billing. I have to be able to breathe and right now, it is getting hard to do so.

Reply by Susie/OH on 12/31/04 5:52pm
Msg #15131

I have seen that you have posted a couple of times about going to Kinko's. Any reason why you don't use your own laser printer?

Reply by Loretta Reed on 12/31/04 6:03pm
Msg #15132

I most certainly do use a laser printer, I have 2 of them at my office.
I try to do every signing that I get a call for and if I am too far away from my office to print out the package, I have them sent to Kinkos. I live in a very rural area and most of my closings are 20-30 miles from my office. I only give myself one hour between signings to go the next one, which does not give me time to travel back to the office, print out the package and go to the next closing. When I do about 3 or 4 closings in a night, I have to have a plan B and Kinkos is that plan right now. They have the package ready for me to pick up when I get there so I can continue onto the next one.
My husband is in the process of putting a fax machine and printer in my car. Then, I can get those emergency "gotta fax a new HUD to you" requests.

Reply by Susie/OH on 12/31/04 6:13pm
Msg #15134

Now, it makes sense.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.