Notary Rotary
No No List Misconception
Notary Discussion History

No No List Misconception
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 12/8/04 6:29pm
Msg #13050

No No List Misconception

Recently, I have been asked to email notaries a list of companies on my "no no" list.

I do not publish a No No List of Companies. If I made a mistake and even slightly indicated that I did, I did not intend to.

There is a notary who uses the name RONDA / NY who does publish one on occasion.

I do have a list of companies of 300+ companies that a notary named Mike shared with me me. I do not imply that these are good companies. They are just on a list I have.

Here is where this misconception may be coming from: I took this list of companies and made a tool to create my personal avoid list & to use for my marketing purposes.

The tool I reference is not a no no list. This is what it is: I made a notebook from the 300+ list. I alphabetized them. Then printed them into A B C sections.

My notebook is divided into 24 pages (basically a page for each letter of the alphabet). As I said, I indexed the 300 companies onto these pages and left space within each A,B,C page to write in new companies.

There is space to indicate fees/date/comments.

There is also allocated space to make notes as you peruse the forums to indicate companies who are stated to pay slow or to be no pay.

This is how I decide what's on my no no list.

If you want what I have stated above, you can email a blank email to an autoresponder email address which will give you the links to download these things.

[e-mail address]

You will not even have to wait for me to respond. I just checked to make sure that the autoresponder is working and it is.

Again, I do not publish a no no list. I do not claim the companies on the list I reference above is a good list of good companies to work for.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/8/04 10:29pm
Msg #13074

Listen up, everybody.

It's time to add to IP numbers and blanks in affidavits on our list of topics we don't mention to Brenda the subject of no-no lists.

Reply by Becca/FL on 12/8/04 11:10pm
Msg #13079

Brenda/TX, A/K/A the NO "No-No" lady......n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 12/8/04 11:59pm
Msg #13082

Re: Brenda/TX, A/K/A the NO "No-No" lady......n/m

Brenda says she don't know no no-no lady. At least she don't now know no no-no lady.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/9/04 1:40am
Msg #13086

Re: Brenda/TX, A/K/A the NO "No-No" lady......n/m

Actually, the way I'd like to put it is:

"I know no no no list ladies, but no blank ladies, I know."

Reply by Nd_WA on 12/9/04 12:14am
Msg #13083

It is definitely a misconception for someone to be chasing after a no-no list rather than spending the time/efford doing the positive things (marketting, find good ss, etc). As CaliNotary memtioned in the post below, the rate of no-pay is close to nothing.

Slow-pay is of course better than no-paya and I will work with a slow pay company. The way I look at it is, I have to keep the money (capital) at float and with a 98% (assumed) account receivable, I'm all happy.

How many of you have bought something at a good price only after its deducted from a rebate. What's wrong with waiting 30-60 to get pay compare to you actually pulling cash out of your pocket to pay for such item then turn around and wait 8-12 weeks to get little or sometimes nothing back. Think about it....

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 12/9/04 8:37am
Msg #13097

I agree

I have no more problem depositing a check from an October signing than I do for a yesterday signing
The only problem is if you have be constantly remind the slow-payer that you have not been paid
If I rec a check in 60 days and only have to invoice once, I am happy
I am happier if I get the check in 30 days, but money is money

Reply by Liz/MD on 12/9/04 10:23pm
Msg #13191

Re: I agree

I have been paid by many on the no no list. Most on the nnl took 45+ days, my longest was 55. But, 1st I don't sell myself short and second I have yet to be stiffed. Knock on wood big time...knock knock.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.