Notary Rotary
No experience - no job?
Notary Discussion History

No experience - no job?
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by sleepy on 12/13/04 2:16pm
Msg #13445

No experience - no job?

I'm a Brandnewbie. I've been sitting here and going through the signing services list for the past 12 hours and registering/applying with all the signing services here. Many companies ask me how long I've been an SA, how many signings, references.... I hate to sound like an idiot but do signing services even bother with newbies with no relevant experience? I've tried to find a mentor but only a couple responded to my email, one is out of town for several weeks and the other is over 100miles away. When I asked if I could tag along to his next singing, I didn't get a response.

As I was filling out on-line applications/registrations to join networks, I left most of the comments section blank and when asked about my experience, I've left them blank as well.

Any advise?

Reply by FLNOTARY on 12/13/04 2:51pm
Msg #13447

Where are you located?

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/13/04 2:54pm
Msg #13448

There's really not much you can do there. If you haven't done any signings, you haven't done any signings. You may want to hold off on registering with the companies who ask for past experience until you get a few signings under your belt.

Other than that, it couldn't hurt to call the signing services and ask them if they got your registration, how often they have signings in your area, stuff like that. The person you talk to might remember you when a signing pops up and call you.

It took me about 2 months from the time I started registering with companies to the time I got my first call. It'll happen, but it's definitely slow in the beginning. Just be patient.

Reply by mike/ca on 12/13/04 2:57pm
Msg #13449

as calinotary stated it takes about 2-3 months to get started so don't quit your day job also go through all the post concerning no-no signing services they prey on newbies.

Reply by Donna_CA on 12/13/04 4:34pm
Msg #13459

Take heart from a fellow newbie. I just completed my first signing yesterday.

For those SS that required experience only, I'm keeping a reminder list to register once I have a few signings completed. The rest, I either also left that area blank or chose to put the truth and see what happens.

I had only received one call since July when I started but this month I've already had 5 calls from 5 different companies. Unfortunately I was only available for the one I completed yesterday. But it lets me know that if you don't give up, eventually the work will find you.

Hang in there and the best of luck to you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.