Notary Rotary
Notarize CT
Notary Discussion History

Notarize CT
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Margaret on 12/7/04 7:55am
Msg #12879

Notarize CT

can I notarize a document from CT even though I am a New York notary. It has State of CT, county of Fairfield Stamford at the top of the affidavit? Also am I supposed to use black ink or blue to sign the paper?

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/7/04 8:09am
Msg #12882

You can notarize any document within your state laws. Being in NY, I don't believe there is any boundaries other than the state lines to limit your authority. So, you can notarize a document drawn in any state, as long as you follow YOUR state laws and principles.

As for the venue, you MUST change it to match the place of the notarization. That is, State of NEW YORK, County of <<insert current COUNTY location>>>.

Color of ink is more dependent on what the author or custodian of the document wants. But often is mandated by statute (though I don't think NY states any particular color for signatures). Personally, I use blue ink, unless otherwise directed, to simply show the original from a copy (in most cases).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.