Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary America update
Notary Discussion History

Notary America update
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/5/04 10:13pm
Msg #12776

Notary America update

For what this is worth...

I am not sure how much I trust this information, but I thought I would pass it on to you guys anyway...

I just spoke to Melissa this evening, December 5, 2004 at 9:45 pm... According to my conversation with Melissa, who is Lisa's personal assistant, several bad things have happened in recent months that have led to the situation in which Southwest Notaries and Notary America find themselves. Apparently, Lisa's seven month old infant passed away and her manager and assistant manager quit. All the while a bank employee was embezzling money. Melissa says they are trying to sue the bank and all this, that and the other.

I told her that the biggest problem, in addition to non-payment, is the lack of communication and response. She said she would attempt to send out an E-mail tomorrow, Monday, December 6, 2004, explaining the situation and timeline. She thinks that they will begin paying notaries in the month of December, hopefully rendering most payments before December 31, but might not be done until January 15. Payments will be made by Cashier's check (certified funds).

I told her I would hold off my lawsuit until January 15, but that if I had not received payment by then, I would file suit against the company.

Well, this information is at least for what it is worth, of course, it might not be worth the air she breathed while telling me this story...

Let's just cross our fingers that she is telling the truth.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/5/04 11:04pm
Msg #12778

A bank employee embezzling money out of a specific account? And the bank told her that the money was being embezzled, yet still won't give her access to it? Yeah, right.

Sorry, but that whole story sounds like a huge steaming pile to me.

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/5/04 11:17pm
Msg #12781

I said, for what it is worth...............

Reply by hoosiernotary on 12/7/04 1:39pm
Msg #12893

The thing that cracks me up is that they are still actually in business!!!! Honestly, where are they getting business? Heck, if all of the people who are posting on this site that have been @#$%^& by Notary America pooled their resources and solicited her business, she would be out of business!!!!!

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 12/6/04 12:01am
Msg #12792

Kenneth:
Please call me on my cell tomorrow (951-522-4919) or email me your cell and I will call you.

My email: [e-mail address]

We need to talk. Joan

Reply by Paul_IL on 12/6/04 8:05pm
Msg #12863

So Joan, what about Hugh's question about that commercial?

Reply by Paul_IL on 12/6/04 8:04pm
Msg #12862

If someone at the bank was in fact taking money and the bank is aware they will make good so that Lisa could pay her debts if she was truely interested in doing so. Sounds like just another lame lie buy Lisa to buy some sympathy.

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/6/04 10:59pm
Msg #12869

I agree, but at least it is something. I have gone for months with no response at all...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.