Notary Rotary
OFF TOPIC : "List-Eater On the Loose in Texas:
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 12/14/04 10:30am
Msg #13548

And, to believe I pulled up stakes in 2000, and moved here to secure my son's education and to be able to pay for it . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141403,00.html

Yes, folks, I am proud that I am the mother of an Aggie (Texas A&M Grad)... ONLY in College Station, Texas - Home of the Fighting Aggies...Deep in the Heart of Texas.

(But, I do love it here ... "College Station have been berry, berry good to me.")

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/14/04 10:46am
Msg #13549

Now I've heard everything, I think? GO OU

Reply by HisHughness on 12/14/04 10:54am
Msg #13550

BrendaTX inexplicably bragged:

***Yes, folks, I am proud that I am the mother of an Aggie (Texas A&M Grad)... ***

This is the university, folks, that once built an addition to a classroom building. In came out, in a development that would surprise no one but an Aggie, looking newer than the original structure. So, in order to make the two blend together, the university (by all that's holy, I'm not making this up) sprayed it with a solution of cow manure. Only at A&M!

It is a cruelly bereft mother who finds nothing in her life to brag about except that her son is an Aggie. That's much like boasting about your child's social graces by describing how gracefully he picks his nose.

Hook 'em, Horns (as we have done, I might point out, in convincing fashion for the past five years).

Reply by Maureen/NH on 12/14/04 11:11am
Msg #13554

Hugh did it now!
I hope your B&TEW left you enough wherewithall to take a trip to an undisclosed location. I fear for your saftey. Aggie parents and fans have been known to be a touchy bunch.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/14/04 12:28pm
Msg #13586

Hugh said: "It is a cruelly bereft mother who finds nothing in her life to brag about except that her son is an Aggie. That's much like boasting about your child's social graces by describing how gracefully he picks his nose."

Sigh...Yes. Poor me. The entire purpose of my "list eater" post was Step One on a scheme to make money. I hoped to surreptiously gain sympathy, then hope for donations to come in.

Reply by Poor Folk on 12/14/04 3:25pm
Msg #13617

Donations

"then hope for donations to come in"

Sorry, I already donated to the following this year: mortgagenotary.com, Sirianni, Omni, Perfect Closing, Victory, DocumentService.

No Happy Holidays Here!

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 12/14/04 11:41am
Msg #13571

Clarification for Non-Texans

In Chicago we tell stories about Polish people ( In good taste and with no internt to cause embarrassment or hurt feelings, of course)
In Minnesota, such jokes refer to Sweedish folks
In the south east US , Hillwilliams
Nationally , Blondes
In Texas they malign AGGIES. However when telling an AGGIE joke to an actual AGGIE, you need to say it very slowly and then explain the punch line several times.
Happy Holidays to all, with best wishes for a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.