Notary Rotary
Pay Up Front
Notary Discussion History

Pay Up Front
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Negrete's Notary Service on 12/10/04 9:20pm
Msg #13287

Pay Up Front

I would be more than willing to pay my notaries up front if they can make sure that there are no mistakes in the package.

If there are any mistakes I get the next signing for 1/2 price.

You don't wanna know how many time I have lost accts because a notary made a mistake or more than 1 notary made mistakes.

Here is one question that I have though. How would I pay you up-front on e-mail docs ?

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

Reply by Susie_OH on 12/10/04 9:28pm
Msg #13288

What is the most common mistakes?

What are the most common mistakes that notaries make? And, any advice?

Reply by Jon on 12/11/04 12:40am
Msg #13326

Re: What is the most common mistakes?

I used to work for a SS in quality control, and saw numerous mistakes on a daily basis. The most common ones would be no venue, borrower's name not listed in ack, no initials or wrong dates on the RTC, and, believe it or not, no stamp. These were notaries that had a lot of experience also. Many of the posters on this and other boards have been personally called by me to inform them of errors. I had one notary proceed to tell me for 10 min that faxbacks are a ridiculous way of doing business. He said he has been a notary for 25 years and never makes mistakes. He left the stamp off of the DOT. The only advice I can give is triple check your work. I personally check each page as it's being signed, again at the table before I leave, once before I send the completion or invoice, and one last time before I seal the package to go back.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/12/04 3:54pm
Msg #13382

Jon . . .

You have some insight that I'd like to tap into. "I used to work for a SS in quality control, and saw numerous mistakes on a daily basis."

I am writing a little newsletter every other week (see profile for the link) and looking for good content...or what's the point, you know?????

You write well, and you have some good stuff to help with NSAs daily jobs stored up in your wealth of knowledge and experience.

Since I cannot use info from a forum (copyright issues) to put into my little publication project, would you consider writing a little article?

My pay to you would be in exchange, I'd give you credit for it, and a link to your website on mine (reciprocal link)...and you'd have a link on the newsletter which is viable for the purpose of getting more search engine notice.

But, who knows...if you did it for me and gave me the lift I need for good content, success could skyrocket for me, and I may be a great publisher someday and buy you a really cool Notary-Bat-Mobile similar to the one Batman drives. (:>)

Please email me if you'd consider doing that for me. Common mistakes are the kinds of things that cannot be stated enough. You can see it from both sides.

Thank you!
Brenda

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/10/04 9:31pm
Msg #13289

PayPal would work for me :-)

Reply by Susie_OH on 12/10/04 9:46pm
Msg #13292

Re: PayPal

That is a real good idea.

Reply by KC/IN on 12/10/04 10:20pm
Msg #13294

Re: PayPal

The one deal I did with Negrete's wasn't any trouble. I wouldn't require up front payment from them but I would from 24/7....or a lady will assist (in ripping you off) Smiley

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/10/04 10:43pm
Msg #13305

I agree

KC/IN said:
"The one deal I did with Negrete's wasn't any trouble. I wouldn't require up front payment from them but I would from 24/7....or a lady will assist (in ripping you off)"

I agree with you. Negrete is great to work with. However, if they have the option of paying upfront, then I think PayPal is the way to go.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/11/04 9:55am
Msg #13335

I would trust YOU to mail the payment the same day you emailed the docs. As far as making mistakes, I'm only human and do occassionaly make a mistake. I would not agree however to a 1/2 reduction, but I'm sure we could negociate something.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.