Notary Rotary
Post dating of notarization
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 12/13/04 8:59am
Msg #13405

Several time's I've found that the DOT has already been noterized in the " consideration section" with the same date as the closing. Since I've received these doc's overnite, It's impossible for the date to be correct !!.
We take great care to do our jobs properly and the mortgage companies take all the liberties they want.

Since I'm griping, might as well throw in the one re: the note I had in one package asking for a noterized acknowlegement in case they needed it - with everything blank except the noterized part.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/13/04 9:48am
Msg #13410

Dont you just love those morons. Some lenders (not all) dont give a hoot about how it's closed, as long as it gets closed. Many times over I have been asked (and I refused) to inflate the value of a property I was appraising, just so the loan would go thru. It's not THEIR LICENSE that ges revoked.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/13/04 10:10am
Msg #13413

Lawrence Goodwin observed:

***Dont you just love those morons. Some lenders (not all) dont give a hoot about how it's closed, as long as it gets closed. Many times over I have been asked (and I refused) to inflate the value of a property I was appraising, just so the loan would go thru. It's not THEIR LICENSE that ges revoked.***

My guess is that the lender/title company perception of the malleability of signing agents may have something to do with such requests. The large majority of the people I deal with are aware in advance I am a retired attorney. I have never been asked to backdate documents. I suspect that says more about the lack of respect for signing agents in general than it does about my individual regard for ethics or any given signing agent's commitment to righteousness.

And, unfortunately, apparently the jaundiced view of the lenders' and title companys' continues to find validation in notaries who will do whatever is asked just to earn a fee.

An easy, simple way to cut down on such requests is just to ask the requestor to put it in writing. I don't know too many people who are going to be willing to leave a paper trail when they are soliciting someone else to commit a criminal act. That in itself is a crime. Just tell them something like: "Look, I'm sorry, Mr. Buttpimple, but I absolutely have to run right now. I'm already late for my next signing. Just fax me or e-mail me whatever it is you want me to do, so there won't be any misunderstanding."

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/13/04 10:27am
Msg #13417

This is true Huge, However the lender is rarely ever held responsible.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/13/04 3:05pm
Msg #13451

I'm confused. You've received Deeds of Trust that have already been notarized without being signed? Or just the date was filled in on the notary section?

If it's already dated, all you have to do is change and initial the date, quite simple and legal and not at all impossible.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.