Notary Rotary
Question
Notary Discussion History

Question
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by DellaCA on 12/2/04 10:35pm
Msg #12627

Question

I know this question was asked and answered , I have search to no avail. Please help
I have 2 printers one is an all in one for non notary printing( save toner) the other is laser 1320 ,the problem is when I print anything from the web the right side is cut off,there is a margin on the printed page but a little of the print is not there. Any thoughts ?? Paws??? I am sure it needs to be adjested some how BUT ?????
Thank you

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/3/04 12:33am
Msg #12642

Della -

I am no PAW, but before printing try using |File| |Page Setup | while in your internet browser (Internet Explorer, or Netscape, etc.).

In the set up box, is the paper size correct?

Now, look at the Margins.

Try setting the Left at .6, Right at .6 and click |OK|.

You can do a print "Preview" using |File| |Print Preview| and see if the picture looks more adjusted.

Try adjusting the margins to get a more appealing view.

If that doesn't work, perhaps PAW can help.

Smiley

Reply by Della Elswood on 12/3/04 7:34am
Msg #12649

Thanks Brenda if I set them to 6 it is worse , but if its set to .166 it is better but not correct.
example on the Gerneral Discussion page to the far right it cuts off the s ) in ( Replies ) but there is still a margin.
Thanks for the Reply you are one of my Heros on this board!
Della

Reply by KarenJ/CA on 12/3/04 10:15am
Msg #12654

Della, If you set your Page Setup to print in "Landscape" instead of "Portrait" you will get the page all the way across.

Reply by Anna on 12/3/04 10:36am
Msg #12655

Try going to print preview then click on the print button at top left corner. I've printed this way a couple of times and has printed all text for me. Good luck.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/4/04 1:25am
Msg #12703

Sorry about the printer.

Your kind words are really appreciated, Della.

I will follow this post to read if there is a solution!

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/3/04 10:39am
Msg #12656

Most web pages are set up for display on a monitor, not printing on a page. Monitors are typically wider than they are tall, whereas pages (default portrait mode) are taller than they are wide. Therefore things get cut off the right side.

Depending on your browser, you may be able to "adjust to fit page" when printing in portrait mode, but that may lead to very small printing and graphics. It would be better to print in landscape mode, thus the page would be wider than tall, more closely matching the monitor.

Reply by Nd_WA on 12/3/04 11:44am
Msg #12660

Paule advised, "Most web pages are set up for display on a monitor, not printing on a page".

So, if you still prefer printing on portraid rather than landscape mode, do the following.

1. Press the "Print Scrn" button on your keyboard.
2. Open MS Word and press "Ctrl-V or paste" to the word document.

Reply by Della Elswood on 12/3/04 2:47pm
Msg #12665

Thank you changing to landscape worked ,I was trying not to have to do that but It will be needed when I need all the text , from what I can find.
thanks again

Reply by DellaCA on 12/3/04 3:23pm
Msg #12668

I have not had any E-Docs as of yet , will this affect them printing properly?Or is it that the web printing is only going to be affected?
thanks again

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/3/04 7:24pm
Msg #12684

Edocs are page formatted documents in different formats. They are designed and formatted to be printed, not displayed as web pages. As long as you have to right software (Adobe Reader for PDF files and the proper printing utility for the other formats) AND a laser printer, you should have no problems with page formats.

Reply by Dellaca on 12/3/04 4:53pm
Msg #12676

Thank you Paul. Your another Hero !
Della

Reply by HisHughness on 12/4/04 12:18am
Msg #12700

Della enthuses:

***Thank you Paul. Your another Hero !***

Paul is a sandwich? I always thought he was a peach!

Reply by DellaCA on 12/5/04 10:13pm
Msg #12777

Well of course he is ,but I would perfer to have my sandwich before desert !!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.