Notary Rotary
Scheduled Signing/Cancellation
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 12/22/04 6:58pm
Msg #14359

I received a call late yesterday afternoon from SS that I've worked with before regarding a signing for today about 8 miles from me. Docs were not complete, but lender's plan was to get them overnighted to me -- but would I still do the signing if they did not meet the deadline and were forced to e-mai? E-doc time frame and price were acceptable, so I said either/or, it didn't matter.

About 3 hours later, SS called to advise that Borrower was leaving town for the holiday and unable to do scheduled signing -- Borrower would make arrangements to get loan papers signed/notarized in Indiana ??? -- now remember Borrower lives in Colorado. I didn't even go there, but simply said "thank you" and we ended the call after holiday wishes and that future signings would be sent my way.

Reply by Art_MD on 12/23/04 7:41am
Msg #14405

No problem there. I've done closing for properties in 4-5 states - with actual closing done in MD. Particularly when property is a second home in FL. Also, Delaware is an attorney state - periodically do closing where borrowers drive across the state line and we meet in a restaurant/library/etc. and do the closing.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/23/04 10:26am
Msg #14418

I guess I'm confused with the aspect of the Clerk and Recorder of the state the property is located in, getting docs that have been notarized in a another state -- if I understand your post, that doesn't matter. I guess my confusion is derived from reading posts, particularly from the East, where the notary received the e-docs, but the property was in another state and the notary did not have dual commissions, so therefore, could not do the signing. ???

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/23/04 10:32am
Msg #14419

Re: And if that's the case ...

I've also read about the hurried signings occurring at airports when the Borrowers are leaving town. In these cases, the docs could be shipped to their destination and signed there -- location of the signing and notary doesn't matter?

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/23/04 11:45am
Msg #14425

Re: And if that's the case ...

>>> location of the signing and notary doesn't matter? <<<

Right, location doesn't matter. However, documents are often date sensitive thus the urgency to get the signed on a particular date. If the borrowers are rushing to leave and miss signing on a particular date, they may incur an additional expense to have new documents drawn, plus possibly get a higher interest rate and loan funding would be delayed.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 12/23/04 11:43am
Msg #14424

>>> I guess my confusion is derived from reading posts, particularly from the East, where the notary received the e-docs, but the property was in another state and the notary did not have dual commissions, so therefore, could not do the signing. ??? <<<

I can see your confusion. Whoever told you that they couldn't do the signing because they aren't dual commissioned, is all wet. Signing and notarizing the documents can be done anywhere in the US (and maybe even abroad). When performing the signing, the Notary performs their notarial acts according to THEIR state laws. Everything else is done in accordance with the lender or title companies whims and wishes, with on exception. The mortgage or DOT must conform to the recording laws of the state in which the property is located. This includes the witness requirements for recording. Other than that, it's just like everything else you've been doing.

I would say that during the winter here in Florida, about 10% of the signings I do are for out of state properties. I just follow the Florida notary laws and do my job.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/23/04 11:47am
Msg #14426

Thank you Paul. I've just never been asked to notarize out-of-state loan docs. Now I know. A misconception is like a bad song you can't get out of your head -- but you've wiped my brain clean of the falsity that I thought was fact.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/23/04 11:49am
Msg #14427

Re: Clarification

By out-of-state, I meant that the property was out-of-state -- not the actual loan docs.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/23/04 2:36pm
Msg #14452

"A misconception is like a bad song you can't get out of your head"

You mean something like:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

It's a small, small world

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to every one
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/23/04 11:03pm
Msg #14464

Re: It's a small world ...

Cali, your post takes me back to 1994. My husband was in Pakistan for was was supposed to be 3 weeks and it ended up that he was there for just under 5 months. His company was trying to sell them snow blowers, so he was the *only* U.S. civilian stationed with the Pakistani Army at the Pakistan/India border right in the heat of the border fighting. I was able to call once a month as long as they knew ahead of time. We were not allowed to know his whereabouts and the phone lines were heavily tapped into, but when they would go get him, the "on-hold music" was always "It's a small world." Thankfully, those days are behind us and he got home safe.

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/24/04 12:30am
Msg #14467

"Soak Up The Sun"

Here's a better one to get stuck on...

"Soak Up The Sun"
Sheryl Crow

My friend the communist
Holds meetings in his RV
I can't afford his gas
So I'm stuck here watching TV
I don't have digital
I don't have diddly squat
It's not having what you want
It's wanting what you've got

[CHORUS:]
I'm gonna soak up the sun
Gonna tell everyone
To lighten up (I'm gonna tell 'em that)
I've got no one to blame
For every time I feel lame
I'm looking up o I'm gonna soak up the sun
I've got a crummy job
It don't pay near enough
To buy the things it takes
To win me some of your love
Every time I turn around
I'm looking up, you're looking down
Maybe something's wrong with you
That makes you act the way you do
Maybe i am crazy too

[CHORUS]

While it's still free
Before it goes out on me
Don't have no master suite
I'm still the king of me
You have a fancy ride, but baby
I'm the one who has the key
Every time I turn around
I'm looking up, you're looking down
Maybe something's wrong with you
That makes you act the way you do
Maybe I am crazy too

[CHORUS]

Got my 45 on
So I can rock on.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/24/04 1:42am
Msg #14470

This one will only work on the old people

I'm Henry VIII, I Am

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (nor a Sam)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am, I am
Henry the eighth I am

Second verse same as the first

Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am

------ lead guitar ------

Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am

H-E-N-R-Y
Henry (Henry)
Henry (Henry)
Henry the eighth I am

Yeah!

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/24/04 2:05am
Msg #14472

Stocking stuffer - "My NSA Songs for the Road"

...the reason the S Crow came to mind is because I am sitting here making my sister a CD of my favorite "NSA Songs for The Road"...You can do that LEGALLY by using Real.com Real Rhapsody.

Killing Me Softly - The Fugee's
Soaking up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
Roxanne - The Police
Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty
Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc
The Road Goes On Forever - Robert Earl Keen
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns and Roses
Simply Irresistable - Robert Palmer
Possum Kingdom - Toadies
Rhapsody In Blue - Gershwin
Smooth - Santana
Seven Year Ache - Roseanne Cash
Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
Hey Good Lookin' - Hank Williams Sr.
Hank Williams Sr. - Jambalaya
The Night The Lights Went ... - Reba McEntire
Black - Pearl Jam
Toys In The Attic - Aerosmith
Dirty Deeds ... - AC/DC
Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
The Tide is High - Blondie
Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang

Yeah, I am dating myself...I keep my headphones on all the time at my desk. Keep the phones in front of me so I can see the lights flashing...Who can be in a bad mood? I can even listen to all the funny stuff that the comedians from 70'-80's. It's great.

Reply by JanetK/CA on 12/24/04 2:14am
Msg #14473

Gee, Thanks!

Now, not only do I have two tunes going through my head alternately, but I've also been declared old!!! :>} (Actually, now I think I'm stuck on " 'Enery...") Thanks for sharing. Think I'll go take these old bones to bed!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.